Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrMudd

Naval perspective Su-33 and F18C

Guest MrMudd

I had a brief few minutes tonight to start looking into the Naval side of LOMAC and thought i would share with you some screen shots of my attempt of Carrier landings, and some AI hornet screens.

I am really looking forward to the NAval aviation perspective of the sim.

you can get all of the Screen shots i have published to date in High res format in the "IMAGE GALLERY"

ScreenShot_329.sized.jpg

ScreenShot_281.sized.jpg

ScreenShot_746.sized.jpg

ScreenShot_747.sized.jpg

ScreenShot_748.sized.jpg

ScreenShot_750.sized.jpg

Guest MrMudd

Yeah thats the same way i percieve it.

Let me tell ya, that was a wild ride doing the carrier landings..it gives a good challenge, especially with pitch sensitive aircraft like the Su-33

I had to try and stay focused, because the water was outstanding as well as the views from the cockpit....

So right now the only time we will be taking off and landing on a aircraft carrier is in the SU? I saw that Nightstalker said something about a F/18 upgrade I thought the planes that were flyable were going to be the only ones that were flyable. That would be awesome if we could take off and land on a US carrier, with a US Jet.

Nightstalker, I was going to post something witty and intelligent here, but I looked at your avatar and forgot what I wanted to say. :(

The FA18C addon is strickly a "what if" scenerio at this point and if Carl were here I'm sure he would say "No Promises" lol

Good news is I believe the dev team or portions of the team have already started doing some work on the FA18C to use as a addon after release. The visual model is pretty close to finished it looks like, but as confirmed by Carl they will have to add A/G radar and precision strike (laser and GPS guided) weapons for the Hornet as well not to mention the American carrier ops, etc.

Lets keep our fingers crossed for a good turnout on release day because any addon depends strongly on how well Lomac does at the register. IMO the Hornet could bring Lomac full circle and give us the most out of this sim at this time. Of course the possibilities are endless as long as the money is there, but who knows maybe we will see a Harrier added or a Mirage, Tornado, even Apaches and Havocs who knows whats down the road, but it's sure to be fun.

Nightstalker, I was going to post something witty and intelligent here, but I looked at your avatar and forgot what I wanted to say. :(

hehe.. it was the avatar huh :lol:

They have a whole list of aircraft that are up for future addition.

Copied from www.lo-mac.com

Will there be additional flyable aircraft for Lock On?

No. We are striving for detailed modeling of each flyable aircraft and there are only so many we can do and maintain a high quality standard. Our list of flyable aircraft is frozen for the initial release. The addition of more flyable aircraft for future Lock On products is being given serious consideration

Return to Top

What AI-only aircraft will be included?

In addition to the eight flyable aircraft, 50 AI-controlled aircraft will be included. These aircraft are all modeled in exacting detail and include accurate weapon payloads and flight dynamics. These aircraft include the:

*F-16C

*F-4E

*F-5E

*F-14A

*F/A-18C

*S-3B

*F-117

*B-1B

*B-52H

*Mirage 2000-5

*Tornado IDS

*KC-10

*E-3

*E-2C

*C-17

*C-130J

*AH-64A

*AH-64D

*AH-1W

*UH-60

*UH-1

*CH-47

*SH-60

*SH-3

*MiG-31

*MiG-25P

*MiG-25R

*MiG-23ML

*MiG-27

*Su-17M4

*Su-24

*Su-30

*Su-34

*Su-39

*Tu-22M3

*Tu-95

*Tu-160

*A-50

*IL-78

*IL-76

*An-26B

*An-30M

*Tu-142

*Ka-50

*Ka-52

*Mi-24D

*Mi-8MT

*Mi-26

*Ka-27 [/color]

It's been my understanding that the F-18 is up for consideration, because there has been some bitching about not having US carrier ops (I've bitched too), and it's not to hard to imagine the Tornado being added or the Mirage (maybe to satisfy UK or French demands), but that is just pure speculation, but it seems logical from a basic customer relations POV.

Cheers,

Jay

Guest MrMudd

amd xp2400 @ 2.0 ghz

geforce4 ti 4200 128 8x agp

1 gig pc 2700 ddr 333Mhz @ 266mhz

abit nf7-s v2

medium settings, No Anti aliasing and no anisotropic filter.

Early beta.....