Sign in to follow this  
Fatman

Downloading WW2 Pilot

April 30, 2008

Need HELP!!!!! How do I download WW2 pilots into WOE. I have started a new campaign for WW2 aircraft for WOE.

Thanks

Fatman

Just the same as for planes, you download them into the Objects\Aircraft folder.

Just the same as for planes, you download them into the Objects\Aircraft folder.

May 01, 2008

Did download in the Object\Aircraft folder, still get modern day pilots and not WW2 pilots.

Thanks

Fatman

You need to go into each aircraft's data.ini and specify the pilot you want. This is from Wrench's site (and in the KB too? I haven't checked)

If you haven't extracted the data.ini for the aircraft you wish to modify, do so. If already extracted, open up the **data.ini for your aircraft of choice. In the example below, we are using the F-100D -- Find the section marked crew, as below:

// Crew ---------------------------------------------------------

[Pilot]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

PilotModelName= *

Position=0.00,4.15,0.88

SeatModelName=seat_f-100

SeatPosition=0.00,3.98,0.45

MinExtentPosition=-0.25,3.52,-0.30

MaxExtentPosition= 0.25,4.83, 1.09

CanopyNodeName=canopy_frame_rear_outer

* = left blank in this example

If your data ini does not have the line:

PilotModelName=

You =MUST= add it. Then, you can add the pilot figure of choice. Remember, it is case sensitive, so if it's "PILOTAF" you must use all capitals. If it's "PilotCH", you must use the upper and lower case lettering. Adding ".lod" is NOT required.

You need to go into each aircraft's data.ini and specify the pilot you want. This is from Wrench's site (and in the KB too? I haven't checked)

If you haven't extracted the data.ini for the aircraft you wish to modify, do so. If already extracted, open up the **data.ini for your aircraft of choice. In the example below, we are using the F-100D -- Find the section marked crew, as below:

// Crew ---------------------------------------------------------

[Pilot]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

PilotModelName= *

Position=0.00,4.15,0.88

SeatModelName=seat_f-100

SeatPosition=0.00,3.98,0.45

MinExtentPosition=-0.25,3.52,-0.30

MaxExtentPosition= 0.25,4.83, 1.09

CanopyNodeName=canopy_frame_rear_outer

* = left blank in this example

If your data ini does not have the line:

PilotModelName=

You =MUST= add it. Then, you can add the pilot figure of choice. Remember, it is case sensitive, so if it's "PILOTAF" you must use all capitals. If it's "PilotCH", you must use the upper and lower case lettering. Adding ".lod" is NOT required.

May 03, 2008

Try all ways to enter the pilot information for the WW2 pilot, after all information was added still have the modern day pilot in the ww2 aircraft. Please is there anything else I can do.

Thanks

Fatman

Is this with all WW2 pilots? There are a few of them around. If you're having trouble with a particular pilot then try one of the others.

And is this with all planes?

Some of the WW2 planes, like those from the A Team, come with the pilot as part of the download. It's usually in a folder called crew, and you need to copy the contents of the folder to your aircraft folder. The Data.ini of those are already set up to take the appropriate pilot. I just checked the Spitfire 1A and that's the case, so that plane should show a WW2 pilot when you fly it in game.

Let us know how you get on.

May 05, 2008

Have try everything I can think of, still can not get the WW2 pilots in the aircraft.

Do you think the problem might be because it is WOE?

Thanks

Fatman

No, WOE shouldn't be a problem.

I copied a Spitfire from my SFGETO instal to WOE and it was fine

SpitpilotinWOE.jpg

Here's a screenshot of my WOE Objects\Aircraft folder where you can see the Spitfire and pilot. As you can see there are lots of other poilots in there too, but the Spit flies with the right one.

WOEaircraft-Spitfire.jpg

Here's the pilot part of the data.ini - note where the PilotModelName has to say the name of the pilot you want.

// Crew-----------------------------------

[Pilot]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

PilotModelName=PilotSpitfire

Position=0.0000,-0.1218,0.6308

MinExtentPosition=-0.300,0.35,0.500

MaxExtentPosition= 0.300,-0.15,1.350

CanopyNodeName=Cockpit

HasArmor=TRUE

ArmorMaterial=STEEL

Armor[FRONT].Thickness=1

Armor[REAR].Thickness=5

Other than that I'm a bit stumped.

May 05, 2008

Did the pilot part of the data.ini for the Spitfire as per your data. I am stumped, the

pilot still is a modern pilot and not a WW2 pilot. Could I have a bug in WOE , no

matter what I do, it is always going to be a modern pilot?

Thanks

Fatnman

Are you basically getting the checkered helmet pilot in every plane? Can you add different modern pilots to your other, non-WW2 planes? If so, then that sounds like a bug.

The only thing I can suggest is that you do a fresh, fully patched, install and have another go at adding the WW2 planes and pilots.

Unless anyone else has any ideas...

Make sure the pilot folders (bmp,lod, and ini) are in the general Aircraft folder and not the specific airplane folder itself.

May 07, 2008

I am ready to pull my hair out. Following is the list of new things I have completed.

1. Removed all pilot folders from the aircraft folders and put in a new folder call Pilot

folder. Still have the modern pilot in the WW2 aircraft.

2. Delete the old WOE

3. Did a fresh, fully patched install of WOE. You have guess it, modern pilot in the

WW2 aircraft.

Is there any way I can trouble shoot to find the bug, so that the WW2 aircraft

have the correct pilot.

Thanks

Fatman

All the components that make up the pilot model (.LOD, .bmp, .ini) go in the Aircraft folder. Thats each individual file, by itself. Putting them in a folder won't work. If you're doing this and all the file names match up correctly with the data.ini it should work. If it doesn't :dntknw: .

Did you complete any of the nicely detailed steps shown above?

From your listing of activities, it would seem not. The items you listed to have done will NOT get WW2 pilots in the aircraft.

Remeber, it's NOT the folder with the pilot bits, BUT THE INDIVIDUAL ITEMS THEMSELVES - BMP, LOD AND INI that goes into the Objects/Aircraft folder

Look at the file structure AGAIN in the screenshot in allen's post -- you'll see how it's done

Wrench

kevin stein

Kev, I think it may be a good idea to put something about adding pilots in the KB. Feel free to use my screenshot if it'll help.

May 08, 2008

Making process the RAF pilots were added with no problems by putting them in individual

items - BMP,LOD,and INI into object/Aircraft Folder.

When I added the USA and Japanese pilots for WW2, they come out all white with no

color. Is there a solution to this problem? Thank You for all your help.

Thanks

Fatman

Is there any chance you could post a screenshot of your Objects\Aircraft folder? It might help.

Sounds like you're missing the .bmp files for those pilots or the filenames don't match?

May 11, 2008

At last did get the WW2 pilot in the WW2 aircraft. My problem using to many capital

letters in the downloads. Below is an example

Pilotww2JPnArmy.LOD ( Should have been ) = Pilotww2JpnArmy.LOD

Thank You for all your help.

Thanks

Fatman