Does anybody know what causes an aircraft in SFP1 to have a, "case of the shakes", that is, nose pitching up and down in level flight. The aircraft in question is the Sea Vixen.

Don't most aircraft do that in real life?

Edited by Longestpants

Do you mean like the buffet the game engine generates as you get close to mach? If so, IMO it's the best representation of real life turbulance I've seen in most sims. I just wish the turbulance in IL2 was like this because IL-2's IMO is sickeningly overdone.

Or is it actually pitching up and down?

The nose pitches up and down at any speed.

I have changed the following, but there is no difference.

PitchDamper=0.85

RollDamper=0.40

YawDamper=0.20

Does the pitching occur when use WingLevel?

Then the pitchdamper value you're using should keep it level. I fixed some in WOI with similar value.

I have a very bad problem at 450kts+ with the Eurofighter. Vibrating like hell with the canards doing likewise. Also a matter of pitchdamper value's ??

Didn't help yet!! :fie:

Aju,

Derk

Does the pitching occur when use WingLevel?

Then the pitchdamper value you're using should keep it level. I fixed some in WOI with similar value.

Thanks for the reply.

The WingLevel makes it a bit less unstable, but I don't think it can be the pitchdamper, the aircraft has a habit of doing the same and "shakes" sideways, when it is on the runway.

Edited by The_Editor