Sign in to follow this  
mppd

LORAN F-4Ds Part One

LORAN F-4Ds Part One

This mod depicts the first 28 F-4Ds (by serial number) modified with the AN/ARN-92 LORAN-D long range air navigation system which served with PACAF in Southeast Asia ca. 1971-72. The 3-D antenna part was created by FastCargo for everyone's freeware use and I am in his debt. I used the idea from BadFrank to add the antenna as a permanent installation. Not included are the black-bellied aircraft of the 497th TFS (Night Owls). Part 2 will have the last bunch of serials for those die-hards that need them all.

The mod is set up as a separate aircraft, and you will need the original F-4D.lod file from your original WOV install for this to work. Version 3 has minor textures and decals.ini fix (Thanks BadFrank).

Enjoy,

Mike Druzolowski and FastCargo

Thank you very much guys :good: Very nice WOV F-4D model modification :clapping:

:good:

Good work again!

Thank,s.

Phantoms forever!!

Thanks,

FastCargo did the hard part. The art was just a bunch of repetition. I'm doing all the rest just so I can have them all - and will share with anyone else who is interested. Next week probably.

Mike

For anyone interested, I updated the textures with a few minor fixes pointed out by BadFrank. Thanks.

Mike

Really love the little details, all the placards and such. AND the personalized aircraft!!!

Great work, Mike!! :good:

That LORAN rack will go nicely with the updated D's for Iran, too.....

Wrench

kevin stein

Kevin, where can I get one of those updated Ds? Some of the Cs and Ds in Thailand had slick radomes with no IR seeker/RHAW housing, just like the birds sold to Iran. Hope the inboard leading edge flaps move like the B model!! A fix for the C and D LE flaps are driving me crazy - no one has anything to offer. I suggested an add-on 3D part for the C and D housing to fit over the F-4B IR sensor housing, and then live with the flat wing and thin MLG tires of the B model. I am not a 3D artist myself, but no one is interested in this idea.

Mike

BadFrank found another mistake in the decals.ini for this. The two tape lite decals need a rotation of 0.0 instead of 4.0 ([Decal009] and [Decal010]). Download the revised file, or just make the text edit yourself.

Sorry everyone - this decal project has gone thru an evolution, and it's too easy to have old files creep into the project. Hey, at least someone is looking at the file!

Mike D.

Edited by mppd

Hi all,

Mine is not working do I need anything more? Is the original F-4D.lod file the original skin or something different?

Thank you in advance for your help..

Top,

If you read the readme, you need the original F-4D.LOD file from WOV - copy it into the F-4DLORAN folder and then rename it F-4DLORAN.LOD. I did not include it as I consider it a proprietary file that proves ownership of the original sim. This should do the trick. Just finished the second part and will submit it to the Forum tomorrow - then we'll have all the LORAN F-4Ds that were in Southeast Asia!

Mike D.

Top,

If you read the readme, you need the original F-4D.LOD file from WOV - copy it into the F-4DLORAN folder and then rename it F-4DLORAN.LOD. I did not include it as I consider it a proprietary file that proves ownership of the original sim. This should do the trick. Just finished the second part and will submit it to the Forum tomorrow - then we'll have all the LORAN F-4Ds that were in Southeast Asia!

Mike D.

:clapping::ok::good: Is it tomorrow yet? :biggrin: