Sign in to follow this  
gerwin

WOI skin templates, what's the point?

Just checked out the first two WOI skin templates at thirdwire.com and I noticed the "lines and rivets" layers are not seperate, as with earlier releases. As far as I can see there is not much added value compared to the bitmaps in the game itself. I know there is the 3d studio max unfolded layer and a legend but I hardly use these anyways...

Any Ideas?

Hmm - Can either ask TK to get better templates or I guess some poor suckers gotta make some better ones.

Hmm - Can either ask TK to get better templates or I guess some poor suckers gotta make some better ones.

Well I cannot currently post at the thirdwire forums... guess I wont bother the good man. Just complain here a bit ;)

I never usually use the templates released from TW for making new skins, rather make new high rez templates instead using them as a base. Panel lines and rivets are fairly easy to draw, especially when you already have some drawn out. There's some different ways to do that, I find that the path tool tends to be a good one.

I never usually use the templates released from TW for making new skins, rather make new high rez templates instead using them as a base. Panel lines and rivets are fairly easy to draw, especially when you already have some drawn out. There's some different ways to do that, I find that the path tool tends to be a good one.

The photoshop path tool, I just tried it and it indeed works well for lines as you can later decide the thickness. thanks for the tip.

For me I am afraid it doesn't really sound appealing. I like my skins to be in the same style and resolution as the default ones, and therefore I re-use as much of it as possible.