Sign in to follow this  
george999

Retained joystick settings

When I set up joystick settings and then play all is well...If I unplug the usb stick and then plug it back in they are gone and I have to reenter all Joystick settings.

Solution?

Many thanks...biggrin.gif

Don't unplug your joystick?

:biggrin:

No, that has been a pain for some time. I get it a lot as I test out different controllers for my magazine column.

Saving it does not help. Once you fire up with a different joystick, then try to go back, it is reset city...

Well you could put the default.ini in the controls folder to read only, that might help.

Yes, changing your controls ini to be Read Only will keep your saved key commands if you unplug controller or forget to put it in and start game.

(If you have set up custom contrls with a custom name (ie Logitech Pro.ini), that is the ini to change)

To change ini to Read Only; right click on ini file (in Controls folder), click Properties, tick Read Only.

BUT then you cannot change any key commands in the game menu unless - first untick Read Only box - then go into game & change key commands - then change ini to Read Only.

Edited by csb

doh.gif

D'oh!

Why didn't I think of that?

Would have saved some grief over the years...

doh.gif

D'oh!

Why didn't I think of that?

Would have saved some grief over the years...

Same here!

So the Gods aren't all-knowing :king:

What a worry :umnik2: