Sign in to follow this  
F-14AR

Wings Over Europe:I need some help :(

hi everybody :biggrin: ,this is my first topic in this great forum :good: ...well,i need help with the WOE...it's a doubt that I have...the folders of my aircrafts(example,F-15) don't have the folder "cockpit", unlike the WOV(I have it also :biggrin: )..is it normal? :blink: ...and the game doesn't work either :blink: ,Apparently I don't have the file "d3dx9_30.dll"...please,help me! :good:

forget my horrible english,I'm from Argentina :biggrin:

Sounds like u have to download the lasted version of Direct X

Here is the link to the March, 2008 Directx redist package:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

The redistributable package is the complete Directx package which is often provided by game developers on new game cd's. Download the file to your desktop, virus scan it (ALWAYS!), and then extract it to a new folder you make on your desktop named Directx March 2008 or anything else you'd like to call it. After you have extracted the downloaded file into the folder you have made for it, look in the extracted files for DXSETUP. DXSETUP will have an image of a computer with a software box next to it. Double click on DXSETUP, and it will self install all the new files to the correct locations.

You will now have the newest, best version of Directx 9.0C Microsoft has issued to date.

And the game, theoretically,will work :good: ...thanks man! I'm gonna try it :ok:

It is actually kind of sad, as has not made a name change for DirectX in over a year, and yet there have been multiple version upgrades.

Why the phobia of going beyond 9.0c is unknown. I would figure they'd be calling it 9.0h or 9.1 by now, but since making Vista DX-10, they just don't want to change it,

and it causes much confusion with the few PC gamers left standing.

So much for their, "we've been negligent of PC gamers for far too long, and are going to change that" stance...

It is actually kind of sad, as has not made a name change for DirectX in over a year, and yet there have been multiple version upgrades.

Why the phobia of going beyond 9.0c is unknown. I would figure they'd be calling it 9.0h or 9.1 by now, but since making Vista DX-10, they just don't want to change it,

and it causes much confusion with the few PC gamers left standing.

So much for their, "we've been negligent of PC gamers for far too long, and are going to change that" stance...

Here! Here! I get confused to which version of DX i have and when i got it. I have to put it on the calender each month to check for latest version :blink:

thank you guys :clapping: ...mi WOE is working perfectly :good: ...now I can shoot down those ruskies and his Migs-23 :biggrin: