Sign in to follow this  
madmonk

windows 98 se

I cannot get SuperPro 9.4 to run on my computer. Is it possible to set up a partition and install 98se ? I have three hard discs with a total capacity of one terrabite. I understand that windows will not format fat32 on a larger that 32 gig partition, will windows 98 run in NTFS? As anyone any idea of the best way to set this up? I'm lost!!!

You could try reformatting your smallest drive to FAT32. Then install Win98 there. You will not be able to access any of your NTFS drives from Win98.

I would also suggest ONLY formatting one of your drives to FAT32 and then install USAF to that drive. I recall that some of the "WINXP problems" with USAF may have been related to running on an NTFS drive.

You could try reformatting your smallest drive to FAT32. Then install Win98 there. You will not be able to access any of your NTFS drives from Win98.

I would also suggest ONLY formatting one of your drives to FAT32 and then install USAF to that drive. I recall that some of the "WINXP problems" with USAF may have been related to running on an NTFS drive.

Right thanks guys, what about Sata systems, I have formatted a partition of 32 Gig to fat 32 but the system doesn't find the disc.

I don't think you'll find any SATA chipset drivers that support Win98.

However, you should be able to get by with "generic". The clue is the BIOS setting. Each manufacturer does it differently, so you'll have to search your BIOS for the exact naming. It may talk about SATA/Legacy, or AHCI, or some other thing you're not expecting. Basically it will make the SATA appear like standard IDE to the OS.

Win98 has to be the first opsys....it has to be on the first partition or it won't recognize it.