Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Upcoming BoB not to include old

Is there any clues out yet about how much stuff now included in 1946 will be repacked in the next release of an Oleg sim?

I presume there isn't likely going to be updated versions of the current aircraft carriers, Japanese planes, and so forth in the new English invasion sim (because it would be too much work to update evertyting over to a brand new game engine)?

So, 1946 should continue to remain on many HDD's after BoB released?

There is basically no commonality between SoW:BoB and the Il-2 series. You will see some of the same planes, but all will be BoB-era only. There should be some planes that were not in Il-2 as well.

The main thing is this is a totally new sim from the ground up. So, you might say this is the Doom 3 to Il-2's original Doom. Same concept but greatly advanced yet with less content out of the box. However, SoW is planned as a continuing series, and just as Il-2 had Forgotten Battles, Aces Expansion, Pacific Fighters, Pe-2, Sturmoviks over Manchuria, and 1946 added to it, so will BoB.

When SoW:BoB has been in development for 10 years, I'll agree. Until then, it's not even as bad as F4 was. That released 3 years late.

And i think "Knights of the Sky" will follow the same path.

I have just checked their forum and it's gone with the wind.

Is this the end of the world ?? :yes:

No, we will see both of them in the future, they are not dead.The time is passing and simulations are becoming more and more complex to coding (million and millions of code lines)

They are demanding bigger staffs, much bigger budgets and of course more time to be completed, because our upcoming "for fun"simulations will be more realistic than military simulations of few years ago...Just see the case of GT5 from Poliphony Digital, 4 years are passed and they need 1 year more to deliver the complete game.The lead programmer has told that each car demands 180 days to be modeled, and the game are supposed to have 1000 cars...

We have to deal with the reality of bigger intervals between generations of flight sims or , just pay bigger prices on them, to allow even bigger staffs to complete them faster.But, I don´t think the market is prepared to do this...

No, we will see both of them in the future, they are not dead.The time is passing and simulations are becoming more and more complex to coding (million and millions of code lines)

They are demanding bigger staffs, much bigger budgets and of course more time to be completed, because our upcoming "for fun"simulations will be more realistic than military simulations of few years ago...Just see the case of GT5 from Poliphony Digital, 4 years are passed and they need 1 year more to deliver the complete game.The lead programmer has told that each car demands 180 days to be modeled, and the game are supposed to have 1000 cars...

We have to deal with the reality of bigger intervals between generations of flight sims or , just pay bigger prices on them, to allow even bigger staffs to complete them faster.But, I don´t think the market is prepared to do this...

Why don't they get computers to do some of the work?

BoB is listed in the Us for the 7 Jan 2009 for 50 bucks.. nice to see this low price for us europeans!!! But I think it wil cost nearly 44€

If it is, that would make it the highest priced combat flight sim here in years. Maybe CFS3 was $50? Most have been $40 (or less).