Sign in to follow this  
Bongodriver

pic of a British aircraft in development

I managed to aquire this picture of something unusual, it was seen blasting accross a remote stretch of desert at what some sources say over mach 1 at sea level.

What is it? :dntknw:

img00050.jpg

:wink:

Craig,

Out-friggin-standing! Don't you have a real job? Where do you find the time for this stuff???

:smile:

FastCargo

I was gonna say the Avro Arrow. :biggrin:

I like the sepia, blur, and grey scale of the pic, looks for realsies!

Yup that what it be, i want to say it got squashed by the UK Gov., becuase they were spending big Pounds on it and with the F-111 and F-4 Phantoms coming up for foreign sales it was seen to be a waist. Let us Yanks pay for the development of an aircraft with similer capabilites.

BAC TSR-2
Edited by MAKO69

Funny, I have this:

[/img]

Lol.

Looks an awful lot like the Jaguar, doesn't it? Maybe it was an oversized research toy for it like the EAP was for the Eurofighter

Looks an awful lot like the Jaguar, doesn't it? Maybe it was an oversized research toy for it like the EAP was for the Eurofighter

:shok: Saccriledge, how dare you say it looks like an oversized jaguar, the TSR is pure sex on stalky undercarriage :haha:

Only kidding, it does look a bit jaguar, and I would bet any money the TSR influenced the british half of the jag development

Out-friggin-standing! Don't you have a real job? Where do you find the time for this stuff???

FC, yes I have a job, did you check out my islander thread recently, I posted a youtube vid of me flying it.

and the bonus is with all the standby I do, theres time to fire up 3ds max.

Hmm...me thinks I might have hangar and loading screens for that sitting here, looking for a home!

WRench

kevin stein

Hmm...me thinks I might have hangar and loading screens for that sitting here, looking for a home

I'm pleased to say you have passed the interview, welcome aboard the TSR development programme :biggrin:

Craig with your superior aircraft cooking skills you'd make someone a fine wife :biggrin:

Typhoon, now TSR2...happy days are here again. la la laa etc.

TSR 2 is the best aircraft we never had. Politicians, who'd have em eh?

Craig with your superior aircraft cooking skills you'd make someone a fine wife :biggrin:

Check me out I'm blushing :blush:

Check me out I'm blushing :blush:

No it us that are not worthy!

Should you need it I have a shed load of research material on the TSR2 as well as several dvd's and videos of it in flight that I can easily make available to you, just say the word.

If somebody now admits to a Buccaneer being near completion as well I will have to pinch myself to make sure that I haven't gone to heaven.

Lazboy

...sssh Laz, don't mention the B-word. :blink:

When we get one of those you can pinch me too. It is coming, just be patient.

Ok some more screenies of my TSR, not sure if there is some confusion over this as jullhelm has posted his TSR on here, reminds me of an old joke, TSR2's are like busses :haha:

img00076.jpg

img00075.jpg

img00079-1.jpg

img00081-1.jpg

img00087.jpg

img00092.jpg

WOOOW, the latest in the series "Stupid gouvernement decisions" ........ :dntknw:

Aju,

Derk

Wow!!

When I get my TW sim on the rails again, this is definetely a bird I would like to have in my line-up!!

Cudo's!

Wow!!

When I get my TW sim on the rails again, this is definetely a bird I would like to have in my line-up!!

Cudo's!

http://www.column5.us/forum/index.php?showtopic=7229

Ruddy Nora Craig. I was only joking!

Just like lazboy I'm having to pinch myself in case I'm dreaming!

Anyway, take your time and don't put too much pressure on yourself. If it's half as good as your Typhoon then it'll be a winner.

Craig!!!! a great work mate, its really fantastic, keep my flying spirit high

Looks very IMPRESIVE!!!! :notworthy::clapping:

and hey! I didn't know that TSR2 has weaponbay -all day somethink new :biggrin:

img00081-1.jpg

Looking good Craig, how did you manage to set up the gear so that they rotate upon hitting terra firma?

Looking good Craig, how did you manage to set up the gear so that they rotate upon hitting terra firma?

It's actually quite simple, a component can be animated in two animation slots, so the pivot for the main gear bogey has a function for retraction and as a shock, this is actually quite a complex gear and I didn't know if my idea would work, but it seems to work well enough, one small saccrifice I had to accept was as the aircraft lifts the trailing wheel slightly sinks into the ground as the shock animation kicks in.