Does anyone know how to import LOD files into 3d Studio MAX 2008?

I'm quite new to all this, all I can find are ways to create the LOD's using the 3ds Plugin from Third Wire.

Thanks,

Jim

Due to the way that the .lod files are designed to be created, unfortunately they cannot be converted to another format once they have been made.

Bugger!

Thanks for the prompt replies.

So does anyone have a Hunter F6 3ds model I can play with then?

Jim

Does it have to be a Hunter F6? There are a lot of free aircraft models for download around the web that can be loaded into Max for playing around with.

Acturally,someone sucessed did it :biggrin:

There is a way,but it is not a good way :nono:

Acturally,someone sucessed did it :biggrin:

There is a way,but it is not a good way :nono:

Taking someone's work, messing around with it and then pushing it as your own is the mark of a cad.

'Nuff said.

Unless you have their blessing, and if you do, you don't need the exported LOD to use.

Yes :clapping:

I don't want be a bad guy

So,I won't tell and won't use :biggrin:

Hi all,

I'm not looking to push anything out as my own, I'm merely interested in doing some tweaking to a Hunter F6 as many F6 models neglect the fact that the first two batches did not have the dog toothed wing leading edges.

I'm looking to get into 3d modelling, a friend has 3ds MAX, which I can have use when I'm at his place, so having something to work with as a template would be helpful.

This has been something I've been looking to get into for a while and it was only when I came across the Wings Over Europe game that I though it would be a nice way to ease my way into 3d modelling.

If anyone has a 3ds Hunter F6 model, or knows where I can get one free from the internet, I would be extremely interested in having the link.

Thanks,

Jim

I suppose you could nicely ask Armourdave (or Sundowner, who seems more active around here) if he still has the 3ds files for his F.6 and if he would allow you to use it as a basis, provided he still has it.

That way would be nice and friendly without raising any touchy subject.

Hi all,

I'm not looking to push anything out as my own, I'm merely interested in doing some tweaking to a Hunter F6 as many F6 models neglect the fact that the first two batches did not have the dog toothed wing leading edges.

I'm looking to get into 3d modelling, a friend has 3ds MAX, which I can have use when I'm at his place, so having something to work with as a template would be helpful.

This has been something I've been looking to get into for a while and it was only when I came across the Wings Over Europe game that I though it would be a nice way to ease my way into 3d modelling.

If anyone has a 3ds Hunter F6 model, or knows where I can get one free from the internet, I would be extremely interested in having the link.

Thanks,

Jim

JIM IF YOU SCROLL DOWN YOU WILL SEE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS SUBJECT THAT WAS CLOSED..... IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A MOD TO AN EXSISTING MODEL,,,JUST ASK THE PERSON WHO CREATED IT...AND YOU WILL AVOID ANY STRIFE :wink:

if your looking for a model to kinda of look and see how they did it....i looked into FS04 add-ons because some still have the gmax files in them..i use it to reference how to accomplish somethings...such as animations...

Personally, I'd go the 'asking the author' and explaining to them what it is you want to do. 99% of them will understand why you're trying to do what it is you're doing but I'm positive they won't let you release it if it's just a tweak. Otherwise, Hinchinbrooke's right. There are quite a few places that would have basic models for you to play around with that you could download. Although, you might have to shop around for a Hunter F.6. Just try a google search and see how you go from there