Sign in to follow this  
mppd

Create a 3D part which will appear/diappear with a key command?

Is there a way to create a small add-on part which will "animate" (turn on or off) with a key command? I'm thinking of the F-4 refueling door on the fuselage spine... Not sure I have seen this done before,

Thanks,

Mike D.

Ummm, yeah, like that...I downloaded it, but have not installed it yet. See, it was such a good idea that someone else thought it up first!

Thanks,

Mike D.

Upn a second look at the data.ini file - this is already a feature built into the .LOD file and a specified animation feature (just like the opening canopies) and not an add-on part. So...my original question stands - can an add-on part be made to appear/disappear via the data.ini file?

thanks,

Mike

My initial thoughts are No, I can't see how it could work, and I dont believe the game engine has any such support for a feature like that, but.... I believe someone is working on a small project which involves a component added as a weapon and is animated, the results of the experiment are unknown at this time, I am waiting with baited breath.

Thanks for the reply - it seemed like an interesting idea which could open up even more possibilities. I am still amazed at what has been done by all the modders here! It is all appreciated, that's for sure.

I guess I'm just impatient - the word is that the Mirage Factory is redoing all of the early F-4s, and I just hope that some of the things we are missing from the original WOV models will be included.

Mike