Sign in to follow this  
Mike Dora

FE Realism Mods?

I was quite disappointed with FE when it first came out, mainly because of its very unrealistic damage model. Having a sky full of aeroplanes flying around and still fighting with large parts of their airframes missing seemed just silly (eg I think that von Hippel was one of the very few to survive the loss of a lower wing (in an Alb DV), and he certainly wasn't fighting after it came off.. )

However the sim did seem to have promise, so I would like to give it a second chance. Hence my question: are there now any "realism" mods out there, which correct FE's tendency to have 70% aeroplanes continuing to fight?

Thanks

Mike D

Well for a start - Have you installed the latest patch? I think the damage moddelling has been changed in that.

The new patch seems to make a difference (I think :dntknw: ). I'm also interested in knowing what mods are a must for realism.

I think peter01's revised FM .ini's are about it as far as stock planes go. Other than that, grab the multitude of 3rd party planes out there and you'll see they generally are less forgiving about that stuff than TK's work as they're more concerned with realism than the playability that TK strives for.