Sign in to follow this  

MiG-27 D, K, M & ML

This Pack contents MiG-27 variants, with historycal correct weapons & systems

MiG-27 (MiG-23BM) - first version 1973-1987 unguided weapons and CGR 360 planes ,exported

MiG-27K Modifications with Kayra TV-LASER designator, suport LGB, EOGB, LGR, EOGR, very good ECM, HUD ~200 planes 1976-1994 NOT Exported

MiG-27M "Light" Variant MiG-27K LGB, EOGB not supported, no HUD ~ 150 planes 1978-1994? Ukraine exported in Sri Lanca ~50 planes in ~1995

MiG-27D Mig-27 first series updated to MiG-27M Standart in 1983-1987, 304 planes service ended in ~1994

MiG-27ML Bahadur Indian Variant MiG-27M 1986 ~ 150 planes

Loading photos of scratched dirty planes are such a contrast with in-game smooth textures :biggrin: ...where's the nitpicking smiley...

I've put this into fairly unmodded WoE - MiG-27M afterburner effect is not showing up. AB is on, the sound is on, but there's no visual. On plain MiG-27 effects are fine but I see the burner in rear mirrors - I think plane's body is set to be invisible from pit...

Still a very pleasant thing to fly if only Phantoms weren't engaging with Sparrows at such long ranges.

So....after 20 minutes of downloading, and then examining the contents...tell us, what's different with these from the ones we already have??? That little blurb above don't say much....in fact, it tells the end user nothing usefull towards install procedures. The historical background was nice, however.

Also, where is the readme file???? ... that little text file nobody reads, that explains the install procedure, which weapons pak to use -if any, credits to whomever built the original's....sources used, etc, etc, etc....I see a lot of people's work in the various files; it'd be correct to list where they came from

The loadouts also look no different from the 23s & 27s already listed in the KB's 'Loadout & Fixes Threads', with the exception of the Indian variant.

Even though most Modelers/Modders are signatories of the Freeware Pact, folks still need to have them listed in a readme for the end user to see. -- that's a site policy!!! Don't forget, there are some people that DO NOT want their files used, without permission, in other work.

Other Items:

Missing the engine sound files, missing LD tgas....making this somewhat incomplete, doncha ya think???

All in all ... a package this size should have everything inclusive. In fact, it could have been pared down substantially, by only including 1 cockpit folder, and having instructions in the (nonexistant) readme to copy it over. I'd have suggested releasing each aircraft as a seperate download, so the end user could pick and choose which one they wanted. Obviously, most folks are probably going to get them all, but it might have made things a bit easier.

Wrench

kevin stein

I would say there is another problem (regarding the MiG-27's LOD files), but I've sent lindr2 a PM already.

Edited by Gocad

Like Wrench said, a little bit of please and thank you goes a long way. It's just common courtesy.

I think I have to make it more conform with the nosepart and will create the simpler one too. Also adding mirror for the top canopy frame but only as eye candy

The belly AA missles have no launch rail. Just kinda hangs in mid air!! (wrong or missing .lod?) Other than that, I like them alot.

DerAlte :flyer:

Edited by DerAlte