Which file decides the number of aircraft sent in? Especially in Recon missions( if the AI are flying them in a campaign).

Also which file decides the player position in the game.

Which file decides the number of aircraft sent in? Especially in Recon missions( if the AI are flying them in a campaign).

Also which file decides the player position in the game.

1. Not sure - thought it was random for AI flights (although recon missions always seems to be 2) based on the difficulty setting or for single missions whether you choose heavy air defences etc. In Campaigns Ive only seen the option to set the likely hood of a squadron flying a particular mission.

2. Are you after something that decides where you are positioned when you start the game "in the air"?

No,No what I mean is flying wingman. Thanks anyway.

I think some of the YAP missions have you flying wingman, but they are hand crafted missions. Flying wingman is probably not worth the effort in generated missions, though I've always thought it a little odd to be out on a sortie and be commanding lt. colonels and majors as wingmen while I'm just a flight officer.

Sorry - are we talking about:

Campaigns only - or single missions also?

The starting positions of AI wingmen when entering the game? or when they are flying in formation? Or when you are flying as a Wingman and not as lead?

When you say "number of aircraft sent in" are you referring to the number that are allocated /assigned to each individual mission?

When you say "player position" can you give more details?

I'd like to fly number 2, 3, 4 or any where but number 1( heck I want to see how the AI take to the situation). Is this possible in campaigns? There has to be something to extract.

As to the number of aircraft(I mean how many and not designation) what do I need to alter to change the numerical strength of aircraft that get sent in(besides the roster; AI as well).

Edited by Stick