incredible! I didn't expect to see it this fast.

May I use this in my fighters anthology mod? It was one of the planes I was expecting to build from scratch.

Thanks for bringing this plane out,now I can finally retire the Su-22M4 as the Q\A-5 stand-in

Although I think I've found one small problem with this plane:The elevators are reversed

Luckily this can be fixed unlike the Su-27LLPV in Deadly Skies III\Air Force Delta Strike

Edited by Karyovin

sweet! This is a sorely missed plane.

Chapeau! Brilliant work!

NVAFFantan02.jpg

I've converted mine to a North Vietnamese aircraft for use in my extended WOV install. It handles really well and is also a useful fighter... well against F-4's anyway!

A heavilly missed bird has taken to the skies!

It is awsome.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Really nice. Thanks!

One question, and it is probably me. In WOE, both with and without the Q-5 weapons installed, I don't get a gunsight reticle in the Q-5. Do you have any idea what might be going on? I do get reticles in the other aircraft.

I rebooted WOE from scratch just to make sure it was not that.

I also tried substituting the F-100 reticle and still it did not show up.

Thanks.

1st of all.....

Thanks! great plane!!

i don't have Gunshoght in WOI too

hehe

Great job ! :good:

Thanks for the hard work. :notworthy:

Chapeau! Brilliant work!

NVAFFantan02.jpg

I've converted mine to a North Vietnamese aircraft for use in my extended WOV install. It handles really well and is also a useful fighter... well against F-4's anyway!

how did you get it to work in WOV? I get crash to desktop in WOE and WOV but it works in WOI.Odd.

how did you get it to work in WOV? I get crash to desktop in WOE and WOV but it works in WOI.Odd.

TBH I don't know. It just worked. I then made a copy and 'North Vietnamesed' it.

Thanks again to everyone who helped with this aircraft. It really does fly well and looks good too.

I'm sure it's somthing on my end.at least i know it works in WOE so It must be some setting or tweek i have made thats interfering.it only crashes when I go to external view.I'll keep at it.I also get the seat out of the canopy in WOI.

Works fine in WoE; haven't checked SF, WoV, WoI yet... had some initial no-shows upon first install; gunsight, afterburner emmitters, the aforementioned seat misplacement. Odd thing, after fixing the seat, the AB emitter decieded to show up.

Quick Fixes:

add to AircraftData section:

UseMetricUnit=TRUE

you need to lower the seat, this is pretty close (at least, it gets it under the canopy)

SeatPosition=-0.008,3.323,0.304

I haven't started dialing the lights back to the proper positions...the settings in the data ini are from the stock Mig-19, and werent' adjusted for the size difference between the 19 and Q-5

These are superb efforts (this and J-7) on aircraft that fit nicely into the game; but it is just me, or do they have a slightly 'unfinished' feel to them? Extraneous files, misnamed items, NO READMEs --what up with that??-- c'mon guys, you all know Site Policy! If you have problems with creating readmes, just look at some of mine and use them as the basis. Or get in contact with one of us that write really good, clear and conscise ones.

You can find additional PRC weapons in this Thread in KB:

Click Me! I'm a Link!!! -->Additional PLAAF A-G Weapons<---

as to the sights, and some other issues:

make sure it's pointing to the correct cockpit and avionics ini --mine seems to have multiple inis (the aforementioned extraneous files - for a MiG-23-which is the one its using), that the actual sight tgas are present in the cockpit folder -- at first I didn't have any, but going out of the game, then back in, they reappeared. The size might also need some adjusting, it seems far too large for the reticle glass. Maybe reduce size to =30?

Wrench

kevin stein

I don`t want to blame someone but those 101 planes feels realy unfinished. But must say this Q-5 is a bit more finished than those rushed J-8 and J-7. Nothing about a bad ini or stuff like this but a bad and rushed 3Dmodell is for me a nogo! Thanks wrench for your improvement.

"Raptor 2 to Base, Contact Fantans! Request permission to chase"

"Negative, Raptor Lead, you are weapons tight, abort abort abort"

"Are you going to listen to him or are we going to finish what we started?"

Ahhh, the moments. Lets do it again, this time with formal authorization....from myself!

((Dialouge from first F-22 Raptor by Novalogic mission))

Thankyou very much to all those who involved with this beauty. Cheers !

Edited by Atreides

Thanks for adding new chinese bird to destroy... :biggrin:

how to fix that elavator and hud/gunsight problem?

Does someone know a fix about the breaking gear?!

Yeah, change the Right Gear max deploy speed to 125. It's 12 at the moment.

Looping the Q-5. Metalized skin Textureset file.

gallery_6973_124_1071.jpg