Kursk

horrible thing...!

damn shame for the crew and the sub.

<S>

horrible thing...!

damn shame for the crew and the sub.

<S>

You can say that again buddy.

I remember when this happened. Followed the news closely hoping the crew would be rescued, to no avail unfortunately. Sad day indeed...

any one else read the posted comments section? no wonder people hate Americans...

Let's face it--the under-25 American Internet community tends to be a bunch of jerks. Makes me wish sometimes you needed a license to get on the net. Of course, you don't need one to have kids, and you know some people shouldn't be parents, so...

I remember when this happened. Followed the news closely hoping the crew would be rescued, to no avail unfortunately. Sad day indeed...

oh yeah, IIRC Putin doesnt acept international help in name of "Weapon secret"....

Brazil has offer a rescue sub to help crew, but it just arrive in russian Seas and get the permition 2 weeks later...

Terrbile tragedy, if is one place i never want work is in a submarine or a MBT, its a real trap.

Edited by Silverbolt

Let's face it--the under-25 American Internet community tends to be a bunch of jerks. Makes me wish sometimes you needed a license to get on the net. Of course, you don't need one to have kids, and you know some people shouldn't be parents, so...

truer words, ne'er spoken...

truer words, ne'er spoken...

Why thankyou Sparko...I might take you off my Christmas card list :biggrin: ...pity, had a nice one all lined up too.

Anyhow, on that Nintendo DS brain-training thingy I had a brain age of about 67...so there's no hope for me at all.

This is unsettling to look at. I can understand its historical significance, but it feels like an exhumation. Seeing this rusty, waterlogged sub feels like looking inside a tomb.

My favorite are the Red Army generals. You know, the kind that make extremely boring MSPaint/Windows Movie Maker pro-communism movies and post them on YouTube. If you disagree with them, their wrath will rain down from the sky. Or rather, from the single-finger typing of 12 year olds: "F*CK YOU F*CKER BLAH BLAH BLAH CAPITALISTICS BLAH BLAH BLAH YOUR A GAY ETC".

Guest USNadpc

I attempted to add this to their website but it didn't get posted...

Also there were some pics of a damaged US sub (USS Toledo?) in a dock in Norway or Finland right after this happened. Supposedly the subs collided causing the damage to both subs and resulting in the initial yet damning explosion on the Kursk. I don't know if this is true or not but I saw the pics and it was a 688 class boat and it was damaged. It would also explain why the Director of the CIA would have to travel to Russia to do "damage control". It would also explain the cover up story as a faulty torpedo (by both sides) to divert a war. It would also explain the monetary reprieve, which is akin to (the US but not) admitting guilt to keep the Russians happy. This was handled no differently than a lawsuit in the US courts where the perpetrator doesn't admit guilt but is responsible, and then there is a gag order on the facts because the recipient agrees to the settlement.

Lawyers handled this, both Governments agreed to it and the people who were actually involved, who should be the recipients of compensation, were kicked to the sideline. Mainly the family members of the Kursk.

The Russian Government made out by Debt to the US being forgiven and the US was forgiven by being exonerated for causing Russian casualties.

It was handled internationally like a lawsuit is handled in America.

USNadpc

Edited by USNadpc

I heard the same thing USNadpc. I wonder if it is true or not.

May the sailors of the Kursk RIP.

eh? now how did I get booted off the Christmas card list? :dntknw:

Why thankyou Sparko...I might take you off my Christmas card list :biggrin: ...pity, had a nice one all lined up too.

Anyhow, on that Nintendo DS brain-training thingy I had a brain age of about 67...so there's no hope for me at all.

Guest USNadpc

Hey Dave,

Saw this too...Kursk sinking.

I'm not sure what to believe either but it is interesting. Shows the pic of the 688 class boat in Norway too.

USNadpc

Edited by USNadpc

Hey Dave,

Saw this too...Kursk sinking.

I'm not sure what to believe either but it is interesting. Shows the pic of the 688 class boat in Norway too.

USNadpc

Makes you wonder that is for sure.

Very sad indeed but one thing puzzles me , one of the reports says that the sail of Kursk was damaged in the alleged collision but looking at the photos of there doesn't appear to be any damage to the sail although the photos of this area are not extensive.