What do you have?

can you put this in the DL section I like it

Hmm... I like it, doesnt sound like a cat on fire.

It is an extraction from a good old game by DID known as Super EF2000 produced in 1995.

Here are some screenies:

CustomEF2000.jpg

WeaponSelectionEF2000.jpg

InGame1.jpg

RADAR.jpg

Map.jpg

I am using Audio Editor to fine tune the pitch. There are 2 parts of the weapon release sound. The first part is the release from the pylon featuring a high bass noise. Followed by the actualy motor blasting off releasing reocket fire.

A small difficulty is when I superimpose the file with the sound of the engine, it is pretty hard to distinguish the sound of the missile with that of the jet engine. If afterburner is on, the sound of missile firing can hardly be heard.

I am going to tune the frequency up to see how it plays out. Do give me a little more time.

Alright guys, this version should still be heard even the afterburner is on.

Missile.wav is the updated version.

_Missile.wav is the original extracted version from Super EF2000

Missile.wav

_Missile.wav

maybe I for soon add missiles sounds because I have a lot of such sounds...

or not... :biggrin:

Check out the WOV clip on YouTube called F-4J vs MiG-21. The missile release sound is FABULOUS! I'd love to get my hands on it.

Check out the WOV clip on YouTube called F-4J vs MiG-21. The missile release sound is FABULOUS! I'd love to get my hands on it.

Link:

Hi all. I scoured the 'Sounds' section in downloads and stumbled across a great alternative missile launch sound for anybody who's

interested. It's in the folder called 'SFP1_WoV_SPV3'. Check it out. It's actually the rocket.wav sound located in the 'Sounds' folder of that download. If you like it, you can re-name it 'Missile.wav' and move it to the sounds folder in your game, allowing it to overwrite the original. I've tried it myself and it sounds a whole better and three-dimensional than the original.

I got your missile sound, Basher. Sounds great, although maybe not authentic (which I don't care about) - did you add echo to it?

However, the 'woosh' of the missile is too delayed & happens when the missile is already in front of the a/c (the missile release noise is timed ok).

Guest Vlamik
Hi all. I scoured the 'Sounds' section in downloads and stumbled across a great alternative missile launch sound for anybody who's

interested. It's in the folder called 'SFP1_WoV_SPV3'. Check it out. It's actually the rocket.wav sound located in the 'Sounds' folder of that download. If you like it, you can re-name it 'Missile.wav' and move it to the sounds folder in your game, allowing it to overwrite the original. I've tried it myself and it sounds a whole better and three-dimensional than the original.

Here's the link!