I've been working on an 'upgraded' cockpit for Doghouse's excellent F-4ES Super Phantom, which seemed incomplete without a fancy new cockpit makeover. I've donr pretty OK on the avionics and radar stuff but keep hitting a brick wall when it comes to repositioning the HUD symbology to fit the traditional F-4 HUD.

Sorry I still can't fathom how to add pictures to messages like this but I'm going to add a few to the 'Gallery' section to show exactly what I'm doing and where the symbol positioning is currently.

Go to "Add reply" in the right down corner and than you can search your HDD`s and select the pics and uploa dthem, after this you click on the green + to add them into your posting!

Looks not bad keep it up!

Thanks for the info on uploading pics, friend.

There are in the Avionics ini, where is written what is used, position numbers for the icons.

[HUD_Max_G]

SymbolType=MAX_G_TEXT

TextPosition=-0.11,0.125 <--------------------

HorizontalAlignment=CENTER

VerticalAlignment=CENTER

TextFormat=%0.1f

It's good to see someone is taking this project to the next level. Before you panic, you have my blessing on it, so go for it. :good: All I ask is you notify me when you complete your work so I can have it too. :yes: You might ask Streakeagle or Supercharger about the HUD. Streak has done an updated cockpit already and might be of help, and Supercharger is working at the Mirage Factory of late so might also be of some help. Other than that, you might consider a copy and paste edit job from a HUD of another aircraft to the Super II. Good luck with your project. :salute:

There are in the Avionics ini, where is written what is used, position numbers for the icons.

[HUD_Max_G]

SymbolType=MAX_G_TEXT

TextPosition=-0.11,0.125 <--------------------

HorizontalAlignment=CENTER

VerticalAlignment=CENTER

TextFormat=%0.1f

Thanks for that bud. So it's just a question of trial and error/hit and miss. Looks like I have another long night ahead of me. PLease, everybody, check the link in my last message here. All comments and suggestions will be appreciated. I'm still a bit of an amateur in this field :yes:

It's good to see someone is taking this project to the next level. Before you panic, you have my blessing on it, so go for it. :good: All I ask is you notify me when you complete your work so I can have it too. :yes: You might ask Streakeagle or Supercharger about the HUD. Streak has done an updated cockpit already and might be of help, and Supercharger is working at the Mirage Factory of late so might also be of some help. Other than that, you might consider a copy and paste edit job from a HUD of another aircraft to the Super II. Good luck with your project. :salute:

Don't worry my friend. I'll definitely be sharing this with the collective for download as soon as it's finished. Keep an eye here for details on progress :good: