Hmmm it must fly on electromagnetic energy - when pilot farts - it accelerate rapidly ...

BTW - looking very cool

YE-8? Cool.

Great! is it a frankenplane or the real deal?

The Base is MF MiG-21F13 I created this one just for fun, when the result is good enough I will release it if there is any interest.

Starfighter2> I know -_-' the answer was for Silverbolt...

eraser_tr> Maybe it's time we drop the topic and paranoia around it, right.

Knowing Blackbird, I guess he just added parts, canards are easily added parts, as is the nose cone, and as would be the air intake (except there would be visual overlap with the nose gear).

Blackbird is after all one of the most enthusiastic user of this modding technique, have a look at his nice what-if L-29 project.

Yes please!! I asked for this one LOOOOOOONG ago on SimHq!

Gunnruner is right I use this technique on this bird, but I don`t know how to create this shiny metal effect on the new parts. The intake will be add this evening, we have to live with some sacrifices cause the nose section can`t be redone. How can I position those soviet numbers?! I want to have them next to the canopy cause of using the canards they are placed wrong.

Awesome ! I really look forward to this.

Gunnruner is right I use this technique on this bird, but I don`t know how to create this shiny metal effect on the new parts. The intake will be add this evening, we have to live with some sacrifices cause the nose section can`t be redone. How can I position those soviet numbers?! I want to have them next to the canopy cause of using the canards they are placed wrong.

Mee Too. Weapon and other loadout skins can't be tweaked for shine like aircraft skins. Although, somebody did poast some cryptic instructions for accesssing this with a hex editor. It may be possible.

76, what can you do for the SM-12? I used a collection of I think UV32 rocket pods, which are very shiny (nice)...if somebody could make a shiny MiG-21F nose, like the 17PF and PFU noses.

SM-12-2.jpg

I converted 101tfs J-7 into Ye-152M, single R-15 engine composed of PF noses, use Hawk for R-4, 55gal drums for forward spine, lots of Tornado tanks for fuselage spine, etc...For -152A I used alot of UV32 pods to extend the rear engine shroud, but set them up as pilot positions so they won't exceed weapon loadout limits (AI less than Player). This was a problem with the SM-12 attempt but I can't use pilot setups as the pods need to be rotated.

-152P...in use I'll move the missiles back underwing, since they never worked well from the wingtips.

gallery_6973_124_3876.jpg

One thing I want to do is the T-49 which fixed the Su-11's supersonic drag caused by the constant diameter nose. I tried but could find nothing that worked well.

T49 model ~> http://www.ussr-airspace.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=1537

ah ok then, the nose looked too seamless compared to the other renosed mig-17/19. How are you doing the intake?

It shouldn't be that difficult to model a low-poly YE-8 from scratch if you put your energy into it a bit.

Yes I know but I have no idea how to animate those things... Maybe it would be a good start to get more into 3Ds Max

Don`t know if you know my F-111X project?!