Sign in to follow this  
Muesli

Who has succesfully merged it?

Just a question for you guys!

As a complete analphabetic sim gamer I have always liked my combined install

of SFP1/WOV/WOE. Lots of planes, lots of weapons and so on.

With the appearance of WOI, and a recent crash of my PC, I was aiming on

making a re-install with WOI as a basis and pumping a lot of data from the

SFP1/WOV/WOE era to it.

(1)Especially the Bunyap Weapons pack.

Is there anyone who has managed to do this? I mean, I have asked several times

what I had to do with my Weapons Editor (YES, it is the latest and YES I used the Win

compatibility mode...) just NOT working despite all advice,

readmes and tutorials. I now have a fresh WOI install and downloaded Bunyap's

WP, guess what...... I still get stuck in the limited "standard" choices and the

extra's don't show......despite readmes and tutorials......

I mean, I have a lot of LODs, a lot of weapon skin files, a Weapondata.ini file with

more than 2500 items, and only a handfull show up ingame......

If there is no alternative, I would like to hear from one of the experts if it is possible

to provide me with a ready-to-use weapondata.ini and weapondata.dat file

which includes the bunyap and mirage weapons packs (you can PM me for an e-mail address)

which you use yourself. In ZIP or Rar format is easiest I think.

(2)All extra aircraft.

I am getting some help retrieving the planes I had (thanks for the ones who helped me!)

but will there be problems installing them in WOI. Are there things I have to take into

account? As with the shadow files and with the "AircraftShortName" files?!

Or do I have to use aircraft specificly designed for WOI?

Advice is welcome! If all aircraft can be used, nice!

For those wanting to point me to different pages on this forum; I know!

I have wrestled through tons of stuff to get my stuff to work, I am not just

a lazy S.O.B. trying to take a shortcut!

Or did I do juzt a dumb and bad job buying WOI and should I go back to

the good old SFP1/WOV/WOE days? With which I have to start all over again also.....

ANybody feeling kind enough to help me out will earn my greatest and deepest respect!

(For what that's worth)

Muesli :sorry:

You have to use the latest Weapon Editor for it to work (version 2.xxx), but appartently you already do, you should use the WoI WP first, then merge the WoE WP, then finally merge Bunyap's WP (and eventually merge whatever still missing).

That's the only way to benefit from the latest and most compatible versions where available without ressorting to a long an painful manual edition.

The process has a problem though, it will add the national versions of Bunyap's WP, to the old standard, but take the generic versions from one of the MF pack, meaning that a generic AIM-9B will not have the same stats than a Chilean AIM-9B (at the time Bunyap's decision made sense but now, with WoI new restrictions on loadouts and a lot of historic, it makes maintenance and upgrade a real nightmare).

Take note that for the files (LOD, TGA, BMP) you have to merge in reverse order, first adding those from Bunyap, then overwriting them with WoE MF Pack, then overwriting them with WoI MF WP, then adding whatever is still missing.

Unfortunately I can't send you my files as mine are manually built and modded and lack a lot of things I don't use.

For the planes, you can import anything, the ShortName is a nice feature but you can omit it, the shadows are important if you play with them, the new pylon codes can be important if you plan on rebuilding loadouts manually, and you'll have to import a lot of extracted content in order to get cockpits to work, decals to show up or nationalities and service dates to be ok (as the MiGs are now by default egyptian with egyptian service dates, so you might want to change that).

Porting the old games to the new engine is feasible, but requires a lot of careful work.

Porting the old games to the new engine is feasible, but requires a lot of careful work.

And in the end, it isn't worth the effort for very little results.

I'm just waiting for the SF/WOV/WOE patch to bring them to the WOI level, then merging WOI into my already merged SF/WOV/WOE install.

Dave> Especially when you count your installs by the dozen, doing it for one was enough -_-

Dave> Especially when you count your installs by the dozen, doing it for one was enough -_-

Exactly, afterwards I need a week to recover and had to go into rehab.

Yea, just adding all of the goodies for WoI was a 2-day job in itself. Good thing I'm stuck on Bravo-Alert and have the time to do it all.

Storm

Yea, just adding all of the goodies for WoI was a 2-day job in itself. Good thing I'm stuck on Bravo-Alert and have the time to do it all.

Storm

I have 2 installs of WOI really, one that is for WOI only and one that is all my WOE stuff transfered over.

While I have loved the idea of having a merged install as WOE permitted automatically with WOV, the game engine isn't designed to work very well in that format.

I still like the idea of a fully merged SFP1/WOV/WOE install so I can create any matchup I want, but at this point I like to spend most of my time flying somewhat historically accurate situations generated randomly in single player.

Random missions will be anything but historical with a merged install: screwed up nationalities and wrong aircraft in wrong place at wrong time.

So, I actually prefer to have all my installs completely separate and stock/patched while keeping a spare install or two of SFP1, WOV, or WOE as needed for modding and merging.

WOV and/or YAP have been my favorites, but I find WOI to be equally entertaining and will spend more time on it when I have a PC strong enough to keep 60 fps with all graphics settings maxed out.

The differences between WOI and the others is just too great right now... I want the final patches before I even thinkg about merging any stuff to/from WOI.

I want to play WOV with less reliable missiles, ground clutter, and AI that will get in close and spank you even if you come up from behind on a recon flight :)

Hello everybody.

With painstaking patience, and after reading a lot of new tips on "how to", I will give the install

of WOI a try and I will make an effort in trying to fit in as much content of SFP1.WOE and WOV as possible.

I'll tell you all about it.

I want to thank everybody who has reached out a helping hand in the forementioned matter,

and I hope to get the game up and running again as I had it in the past.

So, THANKS!!!

I'm just waiting for the SF/WOV/WOE patch to bring them to the WOI level, then merging WOI into my already merged SF/WOV/WOE install.

Is the 'How To' for the merged SF/WoV/WoE in the Knowledge Base?