I'm seeing weird effects whenever i detonate a nuke. The initial blast is normal, but the resulting effects for clouds and after glow don't appear correctly, colored right, but... square.

It's WOI, patched to latest, and the explosion effects are from the 1.3 Nuclear Weapons effect Mod.

I've followed the readme to the letter, and effects are set to high.

during blast, normal flash

post-34983-1210722012_thumb.png

afterwards, all blocky. clouds are like this too.

post-34983-1210722021_thumb.png

what'd i do wrong?

Edited by DasPotato

Checked that. every tga file from the effects pack is where it's supposed to be.

and the various .ini files have been edited as said to in the readme.

but it might be something missing from the game's own tga files, since there were only so many in the mod...

Edited by DasPotato

I had the same issue, I had to update my vid drivers to get it to work right.

No luck, updated my drivers and things are still weird.

Thanks for the Hornet though; it's great.

The nucs require Smoke3 and Smoke4 tga files from original SF, WoV, WoE, etc....

Does the WoI include these two files. I think I releaced this mod without the tga files, since the SF+ sims all had them. But the WoI? If not, alot of my stuff will look square like this, since I assumed these two SF+ tga files would be in WoI. But then I *think* I've seen screenshots of my stuff working okay in WoI so I didn't worry about it. mmm

You're right- WOI doesn't have smoke 2,3,or 4.

I'm going to see if some effects pack has a replacement.

if not maybe i'll just copy smoke 1 and rename it as 2,3,and 4.

BTW thanks for the nuke effects

That did it.

copied smoke as smoke 2,3,4. couldn't find a working replacement.

no more blocks, things look relatively normal now.

post-34983-1210737059_thumb.png

i'm not sure if it's how you intended it to look, but it looks like an explosion ought to now.

thanks, again.

Edited by DasPotato

You're right- WOI doesn't have smoke 2,3,or 4.

Very interesting.

I thought Smoke 2/3 were Thirdwire files, so I am hesitating to put them in downloads. But I see them in Bunyaps 2006 big weapons pac. They may be included in the next WoI-friendly WeaponPac.

I need to credit the author of Smoke2 and Smoke3. The files have been of infinite use to me.

And I just looked at Smoke1 in the CAT file, it may not offer the look I hoped for. :dntknw:

EDIT -- I see your screenshot with Smoke1. It looks okay. Glad you got it working.

Potato::

i'm not sure if it's how you intended it to look, but it looks like an explosion aught to now.
Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Sorry for the late reply. Couldn't connect to CA for some reasons.

Indeed, many files previously found in folders of SF+ sims are now contained inside the .CAT files. You will have to extract them. Bunyaps weapon pack provides the TGA files that is quite true. But the problem is Bunyap weapon pack is NOT COMPATIBLE with WoI that has been tested.

There is another weapon pack but that is with much fewer weapons.

Now if I want say the AS-5 for testing it out with Tu-16 as the launching platform, I have to copy it from Bunyap's Weapon Pack manually.

As for Lexx's work, you wil gave to supply WoI with the TGA file as resources.

Yes, one can use the two Smoke files from the older WeaponPac. Does anybody know who made those? They are core files for me.

Basher -- thanks for alerting me to this possible issue a few days ago. I swear I thought the Smoke files were in the stock game. After Potato's thread, I finally looked in the CAT file, and I felt stupid all over again.

Thanks! Crissy-ylflower.gif

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

so, these nukes for WOI, where can i find the mod, and the related smoke files?