Sign in to follow this  
Deadhead

Nav mode

Hi all , I guess this is a noob's question and I know I should be able to work this out but I need help plz.

I haven't played F4AF for a long while but recently I started playing again , the problem I have is that after being in combat I am unable to get back to Nav mode properly , the best I can do is go to Guns/Strafe mode ,but i seem to remember there was a keypress or key combo that returned you to Nav mode(at least in the original F4 there was). Can someone tell me how do I do this now (after all the patches I guess it might have changed0 or point me in the right direction to find the info I want?

Thx if you can.

Easiest thing to do is hit the round AA (either that or Air) button just below the HUD in 2D cockpit.

I try and use the pit for everything - so much easier to remember things.

Thank you my friend for your advice , I THINK i tried this but I'll try it again. Thanks again mate.

It should work if you were already in an AA mode if not hit twice. Also make sure you are not in eighter MRM or DGFT overide modes. C key to cancel eighter of this out. (no cockpit button HOTAS function only).

Edited by lxsapper

Thx for the advice guys but this still doesn't manage to get me back to Nav mode , Ive tried the things you said and nothing works , I guess it might be a problem with my install maybe. I can press C to get out of Missile and Dogfight modes but pressing AA or AG does nothing. I'll just adapt to the situation so plz don't rack your brains trying to come up with fixes. Thanks again for helping it's much appreciated.

Hold right 'shift+.'(del) on the keypad to cycle.

Keypad - right on the keyboard, 2nd button in, bottom right.

make sure you cancel any override mode as previously stated by press C

Thank you thank you thank you. I've just tried your advice Preacher and it works , CHEERS.

However I found that (on my keyboard at least ) it was Shift+Ins= AA , Sh=Del=AG and Sh+Enter=Nav mode , but you pointed me in the right direction and I'm very grateful to you and to all who tried their best to help me. Thanks again all.

Thank you thank you thank you. I've just tried your advice Preacher and it works , CHEERS.

However I found that (on my keyboard at least ) it was Shift+Ins= AA , Sh=Del=AG and Sh+Enter=Nav mode , but you pointed me in the right direction and I'm very grateful to you and to all who tried their best to help me. Thanks again all.

no worries, i must have reassigned it when I started. Simpler option on keyboard for AA is just Enter, and AG is Backspace.

Or assign it on the joystick, much easier lol