Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Things I'd like to see...

Since the Libya Upgrade is nearly done, and the Balkan map(s) is well under way by others, I'd LOVE to see more of the aircraft from the region....

HAF Mirage F.1 -- well, more Greek birds at any rate!

LRAF Mirage F.1 -- definately more Libyans (btw, Dave's Mirage 5 tweek works really well here, too)

Moroocan F.1s, ....

Definately need more AMI birds too!

I'd take on the Libyan F.1, but don't have a template! Don't suppose anybody's got one to share??

So, how about some skinners popping out a few new birds??? You'll have at least one new map to fly over very soon...

Wrench

kevin stein

Guest Sony Tuckson

btw a greek AF skin was delivered with the F-1...

I'll check if I still have the templates I made back then

A morrocan skin is planned with the new F-1C we are developping

Again, I must confess to being a dumb-a$$; I've had it the whole time (for the Mirage F1) 5 minutes work, created an HAF nation-specific version. Good news about the newer version; so many nations around the Med (and the world) seem to be using them.

thanks in advance, Sony, if you can find them! :biggrin:

Here's a quick, early shot of the Phantom in Agean Blue. Please ignore the decals, as it'll probably get new ones - most definately the serials and fin flash.

haf_phantom.jpg

I'm no Sundowner...if I had 1/10 of Ant's skinning skill, I'd be 10 times the skinner I am!

There's a 'GhostGray' skin here, but it's for the F-4B (which only required renaming the bmps to "F-4E") Needs some decal work, but that's no big deal.

Wrench

kevin stein

Again, I must confess to being a dumb-a$$; I've had it the whole time (for the Mirage F1) 5 minutes work, created an HAF nation-specific version. Good news about the newer version; so many nations around the Med (and the world) seem to be using them.

thanks in advance, Sony, if you can find them! :biggrin:

Here's a quick, early shot of the Phantom in Agean Blue. Please ignore the decals, as it'll probably get new ones - most definately the serials and fin flash

I'm no Sundowner...if I had 1/10 of Ant's skinning skill, I'd be 10 times the skinner I am!

There's a 'GhostGray' skin here, but it's for the F-4B (which only required renaming the bmps to "F-4E") Needs some decal work, but that's no big deal.

Wrench

kevin stein

Nice skin bud :clapping: . I'm not too hot on creating skins but I've currently got an Argentine Air Force F-4E skin based on the original SEA skin for a 'what-if' scenario by placing decals on the skin. Those skins are pretty similar anyway to the skins the Argentines had on their Mirages & Daggers. This is just one 'project' in my current spare time folders. And unfortunately spare time is something I don't have a-plenty at the moment :angry:

check Ravenclawe morocan F.1 Mod. ;)

there are several greek skins out for the F-4, F-5, A-7, Mirage F.1, F-84....

A skin for a RF-4E would be cool.

That Greek F-4 skin looks great wrench! Someone had done a greek skin for the Typhoon that looked awesome as well. Hope to see more skins from the region as well....

several of Sundowners early skins are still at avsim.com, Egypt F-4E, HAF Aegean Blue F-4E, and others

search the SFP1 section for "F-4E" and you'll see.

Kevin....check your pm's please m8.....

Guest Sony Tuckson

...and?

;)

Dont' forget Sparky also wants a pony...or maybe Alyssa ON a pony or something else I won't go into here....

anyway, got a package from the A #1 skinner, and here's the result:

haf_phantom_sd-skin.jpg

Sundowner sent me his HAF Phantom pak to finish off...and this skin is AMAAAAZZING!! The only thing I'd want to do is figure out the font and text size, and add about 10-15 more serial numbers.

Some more ini tweeks, and the extended numbers, and we've got a bird! Probably work on it more after I get the Libya map uploaded (which should be fairly soon!)

Wrench

kevin stein

Hey, hey, where's mine? I've been collecting Greek AF F-4 photos for a while - most look great with all the worn camo paint! How about releasing the pack for public consumption!

Mike D.

So you're asking "where's the SEA camo love" Mike??? :wink:

The skin's easy enough to do...just use the stock one (I have the template with the mouth paintedout). I'd actually thought about doing that at some point.

The HAF Blue Rhino will definatily be released for everyone, not to worry on that account!

We could use the 104G in that camo too for them...just picked up the 'Warpaint' book on the Zipper ... nice profiles in there, along with serial numbers and such

What would really be cool if we could talk the Mirage Factory into tweeking their Kurnas lod to remove the refuleing probe..theirs has the TISEO 'lens' on the port wing

Wrench

kevin stein

... The models approach the level of detail found in a number of MSFS offerings.

I'm guilty myself of skimping on the poly-count... I rectified this with my Osprey (Oh, that's right you guys haven't seen the latest cockpit have you?) and from an external stand-point the P.11c... But I think the Thirdwire engine, in particular the WoI itteration is more than capable of supporting models of this higher-detail.

I know it's cool to have the most toys when your younger... I'm over the hill now... I'm more about "quality" over quantity.

:biggrin: