Or anyone else who can help me.

I need to know how to create this metal effect from Mirage Factorys MiG-21 F13. Is it a setting in 3DS Max or anything else?!

And do I have the permission to release my MiG-8 MoD with the MiG-21 F13 CZ modell inclusive?! Will note this in credits.

Will release it after solving some probs with the metal effect.

All is freeware!!!

Can be seen here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...40&start=40

Thanks

Guest Sony Tuckson

Shouldn't be a problem to release your mod

I will check metal effect, I think it's only based on specular/glossiness values from textureset.ini file

I will let Sundowner and BPAO confirm this as this could be set via the material in 3d model, but if you lost if while modding, it's probably only skin related

Guest Sony Tuckson

As I thought, metal effect (reflectivity) is all set via the textureset.ini file, no fancy material in 3d model

Have to say thanks! I will release it when it`s 100% finished.

About the metaleffect, I changed the ini entry in the texture folder so the texture fits better to my parts.

About one thing, I saw a pic of a J-7 from Mirage Factory I was thinkin to hold it back until this is released cause the canopy is much better for my project. Do you have a release date?! If you want write me via PM thank you ;-)

Cheers!

About one thing, I saw a pic of a J-7 from Mirage Factory I was thinkin to hold it back until this is released cause the canopy is much better for my project. Do you have a release date?...

The J-7 is not really on the top of TMF's todo list so I think you can go for your mod :biggrin:

Edited by kreelin