Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Chavez shows he's toy

Man :blink: no words to express, nowone here got a weapon like this

2a5ax38.jpg

what a beauty... :)

p.s.

i had a comment on Chavez but i will avoid making it not to flame the thread ^_^

what a beauty is that babe under the flanker pylon O.o

MKKs? Probably not as good as the ones those Indians and us have at the moment, but we'll never know.

Edited by kct

it's an MK2, but it's carryng a Krypton!

the most lethal weapon of this region.

If you know how to use it, there's a difference between having all the best toys and knowing what to do with them. 'All the gear no idea' as we say, of course if they do it's all kinds of interesting!

I hope that would not spark a missile frenzy.

Yeah...and look what happened over here when someone starts bringing in BVR missiles around this region (Singaporeans got their AAMRAMs, and we got both AAMRAMs and R-77s).

the most weird thing is:

2 months after venezoela recive they first sukhois they was doing the "cobra"

only just 2 month flying...

the most weird thing is:

thats easy.. they simply press "K" ....

2 months.. long time to figure that out... :biggrin:

lol

i took 3 months to discover that..... ROFL

Edited by Silverbolt

it's an MK2, but it's carryng a Krypton!

Hey Silverbolt, Ya mean like this?

post-19294-1211218797_thumb.jpg

Hey Silverbolt, Ya mean like this?

Yeah, it's avaible?

Edited by Silverbolt

Yeah, it's avaible?

Not just yet. I painted that and 3 other KH-31 skins a couple of months ago and made it so each version (A1,A2,P1,P2) has a different skin. I'll have to look into permissions, but have had other projects with higher priority.

the most weird thing is:

This would bring up the age old debate about the Cobra's usefulness in ACM. Most are inclined that it only makes the Su-xx a nice slow target that's easy to hit. If one snapped up into a Cobra in front of me, I'd pull to the second detent, no question, or fire off an AIM-9X towards it (it would be a high PK as the Su would have almost ZERO energy).

Guest Vlamik
Then how did this happen...

US breaches Venezuelan airspace

maybe the K button malfunctioned?

J/K

USNadpc

What about when some time ago russian planes overflew a US carrier from the Pacific fleet, with no reaction or whatsoever? :haha:

I wonder if it could be used to break a pulse doppler lock temporarily at range?

For close in ACM (without missiles) I guess it could be used to force an overshoot - depends on how alert the attacking pilot is :blush2:

They showed them using that tactic on that last episode of Dogfights on the history channel...doing a cobra to break lock. The problem is that does NOTHING to defeat an IR missile. If you're close enough that a cobra will get the other guy off your six and in front of you, a radar lock isn't what you need to break. If they're still BVR, you can only sit there for a few seconds before you resume moving and then you have no energy, a closer enemy, and maybe now they're close enough to engage WVR. Doesn't compute.

What about when some time ago russian planes overflew a US carrier from the Pacific fleet, with no reaction or whatsoever?

Define "no reaction." No planes sent to intercept does not equal no reaction. Just because it's not the reaction you were expecting doesn't mean there wasn't any. The commander could have made a conscious decision NOT to do anything like that.

They showed them using that tactic on that last episode of Dogfights on the history channel...doing a cobra to break lock. The problem is that does NOTHING to defeat an IR missile. If they're still BVR, you can only sit there for a few seconds before you resume moving and then you have no energy, a closer enemy, and maybe now they're close enough to engage WVR. Doesn't compute.

The total loss of energy seems like its making a bad move and it probably is - but the attacking fighter wont get close if after breaking lock you fire your BVR missile (albeit with very much reduced energy) - this may be "similar" to the tactic Sus used 1 v 1 against those F-15s by the account given.

Depends on the situation really - it probably wont stop the attacker firing its BVR missile at you anyway - and if it does can you pull another Cobra? it may put off a Semi Active homer (AIM-7) - but would no doubt hasten your death otherwise.

If you're close enough that a cobra will get the other guy off your six and in front of you, a radar lock isn't what you need to break.

Yep maybe a desperate attempt in a guns only situation (if one was to occur again)

atgaaabak2zc60lkwkq7cfbjl9.jpg

atgaaadqxnmmodh9jngtyq7tn0.jpg

ATcAAAC_8_7fooq2tKbVBJXpFIQvnGJOBUV6E4qFXYY4RbUJ-q40SBVZn6TFGQWT0XH1CUfwhI5WmxtNKCAsixk8UWW6AJtU9VBmcWlaRhg5OBGXIeu4vntPojcATA.jpg

Look the size of this monster

ATYAAABoha2LD6DbqocRpwrBvEFJllI5JIY1QEkdHHRf1NfLqy5pUHXpUpShUAi8OSSgr4HQtpcU9LEzGkAI0mbl5PP6AJtU9VBpUWefI7ttC5-XR32YMNNgYITIWw.jpg

Edited by Silverbolt

atgaaabak2zc60lkwkq7cfbjl9.jpg

atgaaadqxnmmodh9jngtyq7tn0.jpg

ATcAAAC_8_7fooq2tKbVBJXpFIQvnGJOBUV6E4qFXYY4RbUJ-q40SBVZn6TFGQWT0XH1CUfwhI5WmxtNKCAsixk8UWW6AJtU9VBmcWlaRhg5OBGXIeu4vntPojcATA.jpg

Look the size of this monster

ATYAAABoha2LD6DbqocRpwrBvEFJllI5JIY1QEkdHHRf1NfLqy5pUHXpUpShUAi8OSSgr4HQtpcU9LEzGkAI0mbl5PP6AJtU9VBpUWefI7ttC5-XR32YMNNgYITIWw.jpg

You know, I wonder if Hugo (as in Chavez, el presidente for life in Venezuela) has thought about the fact that the US, who does not have a history of imperialism at all, when backed into a corner where things are really hurting, will decide to resolve its oil shortage problem by just overrunning some oil-rich country. 21 days to Baghdad, couple of weeks to Caracas! We got the military power and whenever the US feels that survival is at stake, we will use it. Those who kid themselves by thinking the US would never do that are doing just that, kidding themselves. We can and we would. It would be a good idea not to be on the side pushing us into that corner. Right now gas is just more expensive, but if our economy starts to really fail and the US really starts to flounder.....Look out, Hugo!

Wouldn't that make a scenario for a SF/WoV/WoE/WoI campaign???

You know, I wonder if Hugo (as in Chavez, el presidente for life in Venezuela) has thought about the fact that the US, who does not have a history of imperialism at all, when backed into a corner where things are really hurting, will decide to resolve its oil shortage problem by just overrunning some oil-rich country. 21 days to Baghdad, couple of weeks to Caracas! We got the military power and whenever the US feels that survival is at stake, we will use it. Those who kid themselves by thinking the US would never do that are doing just that, kidding themselves. We can and we would. It would be a good idea not to be on the side pushing us into that corner. Right now gas is just more expensive, but if our economy starts to really fail and the US really starts to flounder.....Look out, Hugo!

Wouldn't that make a scenario for a SF/WoV/WoE/WoI campaign???

Yup!

Sag was working in a South america terrain. :good:

i've did some tries but without sucess

Yup!

Sag was working in a South america terrain. :good:

i've did some tries but without sucess

You Brazilian mafioso rock. Looking forward to the terrain.

Guest Vlamik
Define "no reaction." No planes sent to intercept does not equal no reaction. Just because it's not the reaction you were expecting doesn't mean there wasn't any. The commander could have made a conscious decision NOT to do anything like that.

Then, how can anyone say with total sure that the venezuelan incident wasn't the exact same thing? :rolleyes: