Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrMudd

Track IR Who has it

Guest MrMudd

Ive never used or seen one of these devices.

Those of you that have first hand knowledge please fill me in.

Snap, TrackIR won't lead to motion sickness, it just lets you 'look around'. Are you thinking of the eDimension goggles?

BTW Mudd, I have a TrackIR review almost ready to post, it's on my todo list this week.

Guest MrMudd
http://games.naturalpoint.com/

dont have it, and probably wont have it

but it looks nice :)

u didn't answer my PM, i know my request is a bit strange

but can u consider it ? :?

The answer is obviously No. :roll:

please refer to this thread: http://forum.biohazcentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=1192

NO DISCUSSION OF SOFTWARE PIRACY IS ALLOWED 

This one is pretty self-explanatory. 

Guest MrMudd

Thanks for understanding, I cant condone it or entertain both personally and as a member of the Biohazcentral staff.

I normally ignore responding to that stuff, and chalk it up to excitement. when it enters my PM box here. But when a post is made like that in the public. I am required to Lay down the Rules.

The rules concerning this are very harsh, its an instant ban. personal Messenger is the "savior" the forums is an executioner.

You will not be banned on this incident. But any future simular incedent is an automatic ban concerning Piracy and or Software Distribution.

Guest MrMudd

Now back to the Topic. Track Ir?

Anyone have one and what are your thoughts?

Don't want to spill the beans too much since the review is coming, but I have to admit, I will never go back to flight sims without it. You'll have to wait for the rest of the review... ;)

I have had it about 1 month now and I wouldn't be without it. After playing FB with it and being able to look around and follow the enemy (never have used padlock since) I would highly recommend it.

When going back to F4 ot something that doesn't support it, it feels quite restrictive and I find that I am turning my head trying to look around.

In answer to those who think it is cheating, we are supposed to be simulating real life and real pilots can look around. If they didn't I would guess they wouldn't survive very long.

Even just turning becomes easier as you look where you are going as you would in R/L.

Summary: Buy it. As more and more games support it it will become as essential as HOTAS and rudders. Buy it. Buy it now.

I dont get it. You put a little dot on your forehead and the track IR follows it. Now lets say you turn your head to the left, so the view in the game turns to the left, but you are now facing left, and since the monitor does not move (da), dont you have to look cock eyed at the screen? Or what?, I really dont understand the amount of movement that is required by the user.

Snap, it's fully adjustable. You dont really have to turn your head much, and you can adjust it to your liking. I have mine set to a dead zone, then the farther I turn the faster it moves. It sounds weird, but is very intuitive.

Man, I really need to get that review posted. ;)

Yes, it really is that much better. You won't go back to a hat switch once you get used to it. As for price, they run about $100, but it's worth every penny.

Absolutely dead on. Once you get the dead zone and speed adjusted to your liking there's no going back. It sounds awkward but it really isn't. It is an amazing bit of kit. Everyone should have one.

Hope you can get the trackIR review out before the game is released. I think from what little I have found out about it that it would be a good thing to have. How long does it take to get one?

I ordered mine 2 days ago... then I found out there`s TrackIr2, soon to be released! Oh well, if there`s really that much of an improvement I`ll get that

one too. :)

BTW, whoever came up with TrackIr idea - great job! I guess the next best

thing to that would be the SimEye from Keiser ElectroOptics (about $60K per piece!!) :(

Hey kids :P

After reading alot of good things about this little gadget, think I'm gonna jump on the band wagon and order a T IR2. I have a hard time following targets with just my hat switch.

It 's gonna take some getting used to I'm sure, cuz I'm the type that cranks my head to the side while turning hard.

Well I finally ordered my own Trackir 2 and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Hopefully I will get it just in time for Lomac. I have heard all kinds of praise for it so I know I wont be disappointed.

Guest MrMudd

You guys will love it.

I was involved inthte Beta testing of the Track Ir 2. Its the best peice of gear you can get after the HOTAS flight controllers

Hey Mr. Mudd. Got my TrackIR 2 with hat in the mail today. Tried it out a couple times in LOMAC. It does have some small issues until a patch comes out (LOMAC). Mouse emulation mode seems FUBAR for now, but enhanced mode seems to be working fine.

The feeling of being there is greatly enhanced, and I have a hat switch freed up for other things.

Overall, I think it's sweet, sorry I waited so long to give it a try.

Well, I ordered mine today B) - hope that it's all it's cracked up to be.

I'm currently updating my review to the latest drivers and I WILL have it posted by this weekend. You have my word on that. :D

I'm looking at it too. Just waiting to make sure its all nice and Happy with Lomac first.