Would anyone here know how to find a way to get in-flight music in WOV? I've poked around and found a text file that lead to an ambient WAV file. I thought I could use that, only, there is no ambient WAV. I'm still looking around at the sound files seeing if I can replace one, but I'd like if I could find a way to make a seperate file, specifically for in-game music. Anyone tried something like this before?

Very rarely play music while flying personally - although when I have ive just ran Media Player in the background. I realise a lower spec PC may not be able to handle this but its worth a try.

Would anyone here know how to find a way to get in-flight music in WOV? I've poked around and found a text file that lead to an ambient WAV file. I thought I could use that, only, there is no ambient WAV. I'm still looking around at the sound files seeing if I can replace one, but I'd like if I could find a way to make a seperate file, specifically for in-game music. Anyone tried something like this before?

I just recorded from my CD's and use a Easy High-Q converter to change those files to .WAV files. I kinda like Steppenwolf's "Get your motor runnin" to kick off my WoV, Marshall Tucker Band's "Long Hard Ride" for successful mission seranade, and, among others, the Eagles' "Already Gone" to assist me in picking up the pieces when things don't go too well. It's a game and music just adds another dimension. "Feet Wet" headed home just begs for Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop".

For WoV, if you go to this directory [C:\Program Files\Wings Over Vietnam\Menu], click on View, click on Arrange Icons by: Type, at the bottom of the file list in the right panel is your list of game .WAV files. The file names are pretty self explanitory. All you have to do is to copy a music piece as a .WAV file into the directory, rename the original (e.g. DebriefFail.Wav --> DebriefFail.old) then rename your new music file to the name it replaces (e.g. AlreadyGone.Wav --> DebriefFail.Wav). It disturbs Windows profoundly to change the last three characters of a filename, but just click on through the warnings. To reverse the process, just rename everything back the way it was.

Jug, that's what I've been doing, changing all the files for the menu's and loading screens. I've had that taken care of for a while. What I meant was finding a way to make an ambient file or something of the sort that would play during the flight itself. If I could find a way to get maybe 5-10 ambients, and randomize them for each mission, I'd like to figure out how to do something of that sort.

Would anyone here know how to find a way to get in-flight music in WOV?

One word.... Winamp. :good:

...although, I do have to say that my choice of background ambience is Yes Prime Minister. :biggrin:

My WOE has Roger Daltrey's Under A raging Moon for the mainscreen, Led Zeps Good Times Bad Times for the pilot Record Screen, Morrisons The End for Hangar Noise 1, besides others( ok Ill come come clean;Top Gun stuff)

Tips?.......never eat yellow snow. :biggrin:

And in that vein:

Never eat anything bigger than your head.

Never shoot pool at a place called Pop's.

Never eat food at a place called Mom's.

FastCargo

And never ever ever dive into 400 Mig-21s - particularly if you are listening to barbers Adagio for Strings on your winamp thing :no2:

Ok, I'll be a little more specific this time, seeing as I've basically figured out what I need to do. I need to know where the line "AmbientSoundName=AmbientSound" goes. Does it belong in one of the files in the terrain folders? Somewhere in flight? I looked everywhere, but the fact that there is support for an ambient in the sound list lets me know that it HAS to go somewhere and work. I've got a WAV to fill in ambient sound, I just need to put the line in to activate it. Help anyone?

Edited by 101Airborne

I'd assume the SOUNDLIST.ini (extracted from missiondata.cat iirc).

You might need to fiddle with some of the parameters at the top.