Sign in to follow this  
th007

Adding new terrains

Hi there guys!

Well, I see there is no thread here, so I decided to start this one to see if someone could help me (a begginer) to add some new terrains.

Actually, my main problem is that, when using a new terrain, my plane blows up even before I am "in the cockpit", I only see its explosion after clicking "go fly!".

Is there any solution for that?

I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light on it for me and other begginers having similar problems.

Thx in advanced!

Hi there guys!

Well, I see there is no thread here, so I decided to start this one to see if someone could help me (a begginer) to add some new terrains.

Actually, my main problem is that, when using a new terrain, my plane blows up even before I am "in the cockpit", I only see its explosion after clicking "go fly!".

Is there any solution for that?

I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light on it for me and other begginers having similar problems.

Thx in advanced!

Make sure you give some specific info like which title you are talking about SF, WoV, WoE or WoI, which terrain are you speaking of? second check the knowledge base for info on how to add terrain, third check the ReadMe file inclosed with the terrain you downloaded to see if any issues are present if you try to use it in a title it was not designed for.

Make sure you give some specific info like which title you are talking about SF, WoV, WoE or WoI, which terrain are you speaking of? second check the knowledge base for info on how to add terrain, third check the ReadMe file inclosed with the terrain you downloaded to see if any issues are present if you try to use it in a title it was not designed for.

Thanks for the tips, checking now.

Something I can tell you right now is I am using about WoV, and the Formosa terrain, and Malvinas (Falkland) one too.

Forget about Malvinas one, it says it won't work for WoV :dntknw:

Anyhow, I was puzzled about it, as I could fly missions starting on the air, but not from the runway :blink:

Still, I don't find Formosa's read me

Hey guys,

This forum is for answers and articles. Please post questions in the appropriate General Discussion forum. Thanks.

Moving this thread over there.

FastCargo

Make sure you are pointing to the correct CAT file in the terrain's INI.

For WoV it is VietnamSEA.cat

Often, things won't work in WoV that work in SF, WoE due to NOT having the proper terrain tiles. That is easily fixed by, yup, adding a tileset with the WoV naming conventions.

There should be a thread about this in the KB, originally by Dave, with some additional information by me in a 2nd post.

As to being able to have a air start, as opposed to ground start, this again goes to missing items on the ground. If you're NOT on the ground, the engine dosen't need to load them.

(BTW: that's also a good way to test terrains, when you've not flattened all the airfields yet!)

Wrench

kevin stein