Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Libya, Modern Ver 2.0 -Final-

Libya, Modern Ver 2.0 -Final-

Lybia Terrain; Updates, Fixes and General Mayhem

Version 2.0 =FINAL= No more updates after this release!!!

This is mostly a 'fix' of the targets, types, and movements inis. It replaces ALL PERVIOUS VERSIONS of the Libya map. It is a FULL terrain, with everything needed to just unzip, drop into your game of choice, select the proper terrain cat pointer (more below), and go fly. That means that EVERYTHING is included - tiles, inis, the usual suspect terrain items (factory place, truck depot, country flags, etc). It has been tested in SF, WoV and WoE. It should work in WoI, as long as one of the original terrains is present, and the cat pointer adjusted to 'look' for it. -- This has NOT been tested!

It has been rebuilt, with corrected placements and flattening of the Libyan airbases, renaming of some target areas, and an EXTENSIVE expansion of the target's themselves. Due to terrain considerations, there are several airbases that are NOT in their Real World ™ locations or have the proper runway configuration. But they're pretty damn close! All the inis, especially the movement, have been rebuilt to change the semi-functional Anti-Shipping mission placements to something that works, and the addition of several Ground Attack routes from Tunisia. As you can expect, there are several 'Easter Eggs' scattered around the map. Have fun finding them!

It is also reccomened you have the latest Weapons Pak (either one should be ok), Pasko's Ground Objects, and Kesselbrut's Vehicles Pak. I haven't acutally placed their objects, other than the HAWK batteries, but they're nice to have. See "Notes" below for information about Stock & 3rd Party Ships.

PLEASE read the readme for full, detailed, step-by-step install instructions. Also, have a look at the semi-extensive "Notes" section for more of my color commentary and additional sidebars.

Happy Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Thanks, Wrench :good:

Great work :biggrin:

Thanks Wrench! Can't wait to take a seat in Tommy and flying over Libya... Wings Over Lybia :biggrin:

Thanks Kevin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aju,

Derk :smile:

Wrench ; thanks for the terrain, as always great

Do you confirm that the Tall buildings mod discovered in a previous thread has benn added to this terrain?

I haven't tried it yet but browsing the folder I have seen a polak teroject buildings

thanks

No tall buildings in this one ... since I don't have a way to control exactly where they'd show up. I just used the stock tods. That bmp/tga may be one of the stray files I forgot the clean out; there may be one or two others as well

Now, of course, that dosen't mean someone can't experiment, who knows how the tileing part of the TE works (as I don't!!)

Wrench

kevin stein

No tall buildings in this one ... since I don't have a way to control exactly where they'd show up. I just used the stock tods. That bmp/tga may be one of the stray files I forgot the clean out; there may be one or two others as well

Now, of course, that dosen't mean someone can't experiment, who knows how the tileing part of the TE works (as I don't!!)

Wrench

kevin stein

I experimented; and it works;

very nice!! Great job!!

:clapping::good:

:dntknw: how? i copy from the last libya install and have buildings in the water and no matching tiles if anybody knows how to bring the big building back pleas share it with the rest of us

otherwise great work :good:

banghead.gif

Wrench

kevin stein

:off_topic: to get the big buildings back :off_topic:

1. copy city1.tod from polak´s desert or you previous install of libya

2.copy terobject_buildings1.bmp and terobject_buildings1a.bmp from polak´s desert or you previos install of libya

:imo: still a great work you did

Guest pfunkmusik

Kevin,

I'd just like to say -and I think I speak for everyone here- but, ROCK ON.

pfunk