Sign in to follow this  
samtheeagle

Do you have a single or multi core processor?

Single or Multi Core?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. One sad lonely core, or is there a party?

• Single Core
    • Multi Core

I've got a dual core cpu, 50% of which sits idle whilst WOV/WOE rattles along. I've read a number of posts about this, and TK stated that the code was well positioned to support multiple cores, it was just that not many people had them at the time...

What about now? Do most people have multi core systems these days?

Dual cores were out of my price range in the dark ages (2005 ) - next system will be multi core though

Dual cores were out of my price range in the dark ages (2005 ) - next system will be multi core though

Same here, but last year I upgraded my socket 939 system with the cheapest dual core I could find and overclocked it.

Got a single here at a wheezing 1.0GHz.

Edited by MrCraig41

Not sure what mine counts as, it's a pentium 4 with a hyperthreading virtual second core, 3.5 ghz

Intel Q6600 2.4ghz overclocked to 3.0 ghz

Guest USNadpc

Core2Duo E8500 3.16 ghz (not presently overclocked)

2 machines, 2 procs>

one with single core - AMD Athlon 2100+ 1.73GHz (not overclocked)

second with dual core - AMD Athlon 4000+ 2.1Ghz (overclocked to stabile 2.41 Ghz)

Single core Athlon 64 @ 3.2 Ghz. I'd like to chuck my mobo and go with an Athlon X2, but there's lots of things to spend my $ on; like a new HOTAS for example. :)

After 5 years struggle with PIV 2,4 GHz month ago I switched to E8200 rated 2,67 GHz, to be overclocked. And GF8800 GT 512 MB, contrary to GF6600 GT 256. And 4 GB ram opposed to previously now-tiny 1 GB. Good old rig short-circuited on motherboard, forced me to make good investment. And for a month or so I was in graphics&performance gallore. Crysis, Gothic 3, Two Worlds. I felt like a kid. It was quite hard to return here. Not that SF series have poor graphics... But trees won't break when shot... Ok, enough of this :smile:

After 5 years struggle with PIV 2,4 GHz month ago I switched to E8200 rated 2,67 GHz, to be overclocked. And GF8800 GT 512 MB, contrary to GF6600 GT 256. And 4 GB ram opposed to previously now-tiny 1 GB. Good old rig short-circuited on motherboard, forced me to make good investment. And for a month or so I was in graphics&performance gallore. Crysis, Gothic 3, Two Worlds. I felt like a kid. It was quite hard to return here. Not that SF series have poor graphics... But trees won't break when shot... Ok, enough of this :smile:

I understand you completely :yes:

but...

SFP1 is SFP1 :yes:

That's why I reply to your message, and don't wast my time somewhere else :good:

SFP1 FTW!

i've been playing WoE with an Old Atlhon 1200XP with a integrated video card(32Mb only) and 256 of an old Ram memory

:p that was painfull!

i've been playing WoE with an Old Atlhon 1200XP with a integrated video card(32Mb only) and 256 of an old Ram memory

:p that was painfull!

And you think on which system I plant all those trees of mine at work when my boss ain't looking? Very, very similar :rofl:

And you think on which system I plant all those trees of mine at work when my boss ain't looking? Very, very similar :rofl:

ROFL, fortunately your trees came after i get my new pc :haha:

i remeber today 640x640 x16bits with all down low

haha

it used to be more fun play the novalogic's sims

and don't ask me why, but i could play lock on for 20 mins without get trouble with it, after that the pc simply frozen, and was recomended to shut off :haha:

ok, I'm at dual core 3.2ghz and just got her up to 3ghz of ram with room for 1 more gig i'm at my second vid card 1st was 256mb ATI pci-e, now I have GF8500gt pci-e with my eye on a 1gig card. (I need a life!)

ok, I'm at dual core 3.2ghz and just got her up to 3ghz of ram with room for 1 more gig i'm at my second vid card 1st was 256mb ATI pci-e, now I have GF8500gt pci-e with my eye on a 1gig card. (I need a life!)

Athlon xp 2800 (barton)

Abit KV8 400 FSB

Corsair pc(2700) 1028mb

nVidia 7600 GS 512mb

Antec True-Power 350Watt

Gateway FPD2185W 22"monitor

I run game at maxx settings,no'prob.

My cr@py system is:

Athlon XP Mobile 2500+ @2,2GHz(220x10)

1GB Corsair

GF6800 @385/400

It used to be quite hot but as years go by... :grandpa:

Intel Core2Quad Q6600 running at 2.93Ghz

4GB GeiL Black Dragon RAM

Geforce 8800GTS 320MB

well, i must admit that many of us have good cpu's to go on with.

I must confess, though, that my old pc (athlon 1200,768 ram ati radeon 64mb) never betrayed me in any kind of mission, with all requested effects on maximum.Guys,do not exagerate so much!!!!!!!!!