Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Anyone Seen This?

i think Fates already posted it.... :yes:

Edited by Silverbolt

Damn, thats weird, i saw one F-16 with Tail code AN(our interceptors), Rio-Niteroi Bridge, Maracanã Stadium, Cristo redenteor statue and Pão de Açucar mountain , it's a ficional scenario or a Rio de Janeiro.

do somewone share the same opinion as me?

Guest Vlamik

Ah, just another eye candy arcade...¬¬

Well crap, must of missed it. Oh well. Disregard....

Guest Vlamik
but, did you saw what i said?

http://hawxgame.us.ubi.com/gallery.php

Yup, you've got it right...they've really placed the air war over RJ. I'm wondering if they're gonna portrait our drug lords firing at those things using their M-16's, Ak's and so on... :biggrin:

Yup, you've got it right...they've really placed the air war over RJ. I'm wondering if they're gonna portrait our drug lords firing at those things using their M-16's, Ak's and so on... :biggrin:

i just wish we could have the number of SAM's fired in pic :rofl:

or some Narc Manpad's

Will the "jaguares" be the "elite troop"? :rofl:

Edited by Silverbolt

Damn, thats weird, i saw one F-16 with Tail code AN(our interceptors), Rio-Niteroi Bridge, Maracanã Stadium, Cristo redenteor statue and Pão de Açucar mountain , it's a ficional scenario or a Rio de Janeiro.

do somewone share the same opinion as me?

You play as a Mercenary IIRC. So the fact that an F-16 has that same tail code or that a Rafale B pilot has an F-35 helmet and his co pilot has the JHMCS is not surprising. The game takes place with the closing of GRAW and is the prelude to the Clancy book End War.

You play as a Mercenary IIRC. So the fact that an F-16 has that same tail code or that a Rafale B pilot has an F-35 helmet and his co pilot has the JHMCS is not surprising. The game takes place with the closing of GRAW and is the prelude to the Clancy book End War.

Developed by Ubisoft's Bucharest Studio, HAWX lets you pilot more than 50 planes in dogfights across the sky. Set in 2012, HAWX imagines a world that has become increasingly dependant on private military companies (PMCs). With PMCs increasingly gaining power, we sit on the precipice of a global conflict. Sounds like a good enough reason to hop in your fighter jet and shoot down some bogies.

HAWX features an Enhanced Reality System (ERS), which is meant to make even the average pilot feel like Iceman. ERS includes radars, incoming missile detection, an anti-crash system, damage control system, tactical map, information relay, weapons trajectory control and allows players to give commands to their AI squadron. With the Assistance Mode flipped on, the ERS will put pilots into a maximum safety mode. Think of it like having all the assists turned on in a racing game. You get more freedom and control with Assistance Mode off, but you will also be at greater risk without the full protection of the ERS.

ERS is full on console (n00b) mode.

want wach some soccer match in the world's greatest stadium?

eduardo3_16.05.08_2.jpg

Maracanã Stadium!

eduardo2_16.05.08_2.jpg

12149.jpg

12150.jpg

You can see the lines in grass!

12148.jpg

http://www.gamevicio.com.br/portal/3/3175/...neiro+como+mapa

http://gamesbrasil.uol.com.br/comentarios.php?numero=16875

that will be interesting, dogfight over my own country :rofl:

Edited by Silverbolt

I'm sure it will be an arcade type "SIM"

That's what I'm affraid of. Another "Ace Combat" style simulator which really doesn't simlulate what it's like to fly a fighter jet. Since this is going to be made for console systems as well, I'm sure control functions will be quite limited to what you would really be able to have in a PC only sim. Like Vlamik said, it's probably more eye candy than immersiveness.

HAWX features an Enhanced Reality System (ERS), which is meant to make even the average pilot feel like Iceman.

"Enhanced Reality" LOL!

"Enhanced" = "Not Very Much" I guess.

the greatest question and obviously is:

how to put a sim in a console?

that's impossible!

Actually there's gonna be a version of Il-2 for consoles. It's in developmnt at the moment but I saw the trailers at Russian game dev conference... Simpified, of course :biggrin:

Oo?

really? how to put all of those comands in a simple joypad?

I think the controls will be dumbed down but large maps and good 3D models coupled with modern lighting effects could make it quite a nice game.