MiG-23-98

MiG-23-98 Experimental Aircraft, based on MiG-23MLD, created in 1999.

Featutes : New "Moskit-23" Radar, AA ang AG (WOI only);

2IR,IRM,SAHM,ARM, EOGR,EOGB,LGR,LGB,AHM,CGR supports;

New HUD & modern avionics radar;

"OLS-M" Laser Designator;

Good ECM;

Bonus : Altenative Mig-23ML & MLD Cockpits & DATA.INI, some data changed according russian military info sources.

NOTE ABOUT ON-WINGS FT: "...This Fuel Tanks can't be used in normal fly, only during flight on long distance with minimal weapons loadout, and only for planes with 3-rd version of wings (I.E. MiG-23M and lates) "- extract from MiG-23 Pilot manual (in russian). Pylons not needed of this FT, be cause in real life FT drop-out wits pylons before turning wing on max angle.

Plane based on column5 Mg-23MLD plane, no LOD changes, only INI.

Just to let you know:

The Mig-23-98 is a TRUE upgrade for MiG-23. What the upgrade, upgraded is the old radar of

the Sapfir-23 and avionics. So old Sapfir-23 radar is upgraded to be the Moskit-23:

The Moskit-23 airborne radar is interfaced with the upto- date R-27R(T), RVV-AE and R-73 air-to-air missiles and allows the use of the R-23T and R-24T missiles, Kh-31A air-to-ship missiles, as well as the KAB-500Kr aerial guided bombs, unguided rockets, gun armament and unguided aerial bombs.

Equipping the aircraft with the Moskit-23 multifunction radar makes it possible to markedly enhance aircraft combat efficiency, first of all, due to:

- increasing the aerial target detection range up to 90 km and using the mapping mode to employ the Kh-31A antiship active-homing missiles (with an effective range of up to 100 km against sea targets) and the KAB-500Kr guided aerial bombs. Also the upgrade doesn't give the aircraft a new HUD. What they did is that they only upgrade the HUD it's self to display the upgraded radar on the screen. They also added the same Helmet - mounted sight from the MiG-29 for the R-73 Archer. Also Airframe life extension was offered as well. Other upgrade was to Angola had the upgrade of the Saphir radar fitted to their MiG-23MLs; this radar upgrade allows the Angolan MiG-23s to fire new types of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons. This radar upgrade seems to be the same offered as part of the MiG-23-98-2 radar upgrade.

Send Me a PM for my version of the MiG-23-98.

Edited by gerald14

index.php?autocom=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=6655

File Name: MiG-23-98

File Submitter: lindr2

File Submitted: 21 May 2008

File Category: Fictional Aircraft, Experimental and UAV's

MiG-23-98 Experimental Aircraft, based on MiG-23MLD, created in 1999.

Featutes : New "Moskit-23" Radar, AA ang AG (WOI only);

2IR,IRM,SAHM,ARM, EOGR,EOGB,LGR,LGB,AHM,CGR supports;

New HUD & modern avionics radar;

"OLS-M" Laser Designator;

Good ECM;

Bonus : Altenative Mig-23ML & MLD Cockpits & DATA.INI, some data changed according russian military info sources.

NOTE ABOUT ON-WINGS FT: "...This Fuel Tanks can't be used in normal fly, only during flight on long distance with minimal weapons loadout, and only for planes with 3-rd version of wings (I.E. MiG-23M and lates) "- extract from MiG-23 Pilot manual (in russian). Pylons not needed of this FT, be cause in real life FT drop-out wits pylons before turning wing on max angle.

Plane based on column5 Mg-23MLD plane, no LOD changes, only INI.

Click here to download this file

Nice plane but cannot get afterburner to show up not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanx

karl

Nice plane but cannot get afterburner to show up not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanx

karl

nebermind I fixed it