Sign in to follow this  
charlielima

Shortage of surface action sims. US Civil War

I'm not sure there is a forum for this thread but since Alot of us started out as modelers watching our scale static weapons systems that we spent so much time researching, assembling, kitbashing, decaling and painting do nothing, but gather dust in a place of honor on a horizontal surface or hanging by fishing line from the the ceiling I thought some folks here might have some interest or more knowledge then I here. I can't find a Computer Sim for US Civil War iron clads. I did find a bunch of online rules, and commercial rule books for 1 / 600th pewter waterline models.

I remember doing something similar in aircombat with hex boards. colored cardboard markers, dice, and Gobs of data charts. Any way all this requires is models, dice, flat surface, ruler, protracter, and data charts way simpler then an F-4, F-105, A-6, or MIG-21. I could see this tho. 2 people or groups grab a plate of ships and boats. A hard wood floor with our walls, funiture and household obstacles are the beach and navigational hazards and its on. :ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

the good old days 30 hour game marathons

i still have over 100 battle mechs

300 modern micro armour units

and 70 games form airwar to squad leader ,starfleet battles, bismark, wooden ships and iron men

had so much fun

but wargamers are few and far between here in canada so I make do playing online

I just ordered 6 pewter ironclads. Currently looking for rule book to mix ironclads and mechs. :ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima