Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

New 1.14 Final Patch for ArmA

The 1.14 final (not beta, finally!) for ArmA is out and it really improves performance. Those who never bothered with the 1.09, 1.11, or 1.12 betas will notice a massive jump, but even if you've been using the 1.12 beta it's noticeable. The Warfare MP game mode, which is basically an official BIS version of Evolution or CTI, is great. You can even play it solo as the AI is very competent at getting things done.

I highly recommend it!

BI finally did something right. I noticed a jump in improvement immediately. I'd recommend it.

I look for patches almost daily... the one week when I get distracted and they get this one by me!!!

Unfortunately, I can't afford to replace all my old P3 PCs with Core2 Duos, so the game night I am hosting tomorrow night will be OFP/Resistance/GOTY as I have been playing for years.

Right now, I only have two ArmA licenses since I only have 2 pcs strong enough to run it.

I have yet to introduce this game to any of my OFP buddies since I am not happy with how it is running on my best pc.

Maybe this patch will change things... or I will have to wait until my next PC upgrade to fully enjoy this game.

On high levels this game looks light years better than OFP, so you pay for it in the performance. Gameplay wise, though, it's not much different.

The 1.14 final (not beta, finally!) for ArmA is out and it really improves performance. Those who never bothered with the 1.09, 1.11, or 1.12 betas will notice a massive jump, but even if you've been using the 1.12 beta it's noticeable. The Warfare MP game mode, which is basically an official BIS version of Evolution or CTI, is great. You can even play it solo as the AI is very competent at getting things done.

I highly recommend it!

Is it vista compatible?

Falcon

My OFP game night went well.

6 people counting me.

We did a few death matches for warmups since most of us had not played in awhile.

We did co-op including the much over-played Somlia mod mission.

Finally, we did a little team vs team play, which was a lot of fun even if we didn't play to win.

Everyone hopped into whatever vehicle they liked (helos, tanks, patrol boats, you name it) and tried to either take out the other's vehicles or cross islands to get to the flag or camp the bridge to protect the flag... lots of deaths with very little teamwork, just a lot of fun and shouting while consuming beer.

Wish my wife could go an 2 week vacations with the baby more often :biggrin:

I barely had time to install 1.14 ArmA.

At a glance, I don't really see any significant performance improvements, but I think my Athlon 64 3800 single core is the bottleneck.

I am watching the PC CPU and GPU market and looking for the next big hardware jumps before building a PC.

Looks like WinXP is going away... so I may wait until Vista's successor is stable and patched as well (though if driver support continues for XP as long as it did for Win98SE, I may keep XP running on new PCs one way or another).

Edited by streakeagle

Well, OFP2 and ArmA2 are coming out later this year, and I believe they both support vista completely.

I don't know about either coming out this year, although I'd believe ArmA 2 before OFP2 only because ArmA 2 is building upon ArmA while OFP2 is all-new.

Anyway, an AMD 64 3800 is definitely falling behind the times, although ArmA is also needing of a good GPU.

The difference is in the past even those with fast machines would have trouble due to coding inefficeincies. Those have been largely eliminated now, so if you have a machine with power you can crank up the detail and get good performance. If you don't, you'll still have to drop details.

I just got my new Sager NP9262 notebook with Vista. It seems to have no problems with ArmA.