Sign in to follow this  
ST0RM

Multiple flare shots?

I've got several aircraft that when you hit the flare button, you get 8 flares expended instead of the pair. The most recent is the F-16D. I know it's not WoI compatable yet, but am wondering if there is something to fix to prevent all those flares from coming out. I really dont want to have to load up 300 flares ;)

Storm

Simply because you have 8 flare stations and when you hit the flares it fire one flare from each station.

To resolve: keep only 2 flare stations with the adequate number of flares. :good:

Alex.

IIRC, it was mentioned at TW forum. As I understood TK did it to make AI drop more flares but as a side effect the player now dumps them in large numbers. May be it'll get fixed in the next patch.

yep, its a bug in WOI.

AI always ejects multiple chaff/flares , usually a burst of four.

TK will fix that for player controlled aircraft.

Reason 492 why I wont patch WOI.

Thanks all. That clears it up. Waiting on the fix.

Cheers,

Storm

Reason 492 why I wont patch WOI.

Second. If I'm a whisker above treetops about to move serious amounts of mud and my RWR kicks up a fuss, I want to be dumping a whole stack without having to repeatedly hit my flare button. Besides, I like having the smokey angel just 1 button press away. :good: