Sign in to follow this  
Marcfighter

Mil Mi-8 Hip - Marcfighters

Got strange issue - can't fire from the hip (no, I haven't run out of hip puns yet).

I choose weapon, press fire and either nothing happens or it fires with enormous delay. I fire FAB but it gets released only 2-15 seconds later. Even worse with rockets. Without quitting the game tried A-4 - all ordnance works perfectly. :blink:

Maybe it's because I don't use any weapon packs? I tried CAS at 1960 - can't put rocket pods on internal pylons. :blink:

Anyway, I'm off to sleep. Excellent FM :good: next step should be modeling blade stall and vortex ring :grandpa::biggrin:

Experienced the same issue - however I think it has something to do with the throttle/collective setting: If set to around 60% the rockets go off immediately, but with the collective set to 100% nothing happens. Seems to be some kind of master arm switch ;)

Experienced the same issue - however I think it has something to do with the throttle/collective setting: If set to around 60% the rockets go off immediately, but with the collective set to 100% nothing happens. Seems to be some kind of master arm switch ;)

Hmm... Interesting Wilco. Let me check that :wink:

I didn't find anything about this issue and the collective... I was able to fire rockets whatever the collective. :huh:

I had the same problem in WOI and also my main rotor doesnt spin at all, just the tail rotor spins, kinda makes me feel weird seeing that and wonders how i can fly lol. Either way i love it and thanks marcelo and team. Hopefully we can fix these quirks and get it straight. Thanks again.

Jarhead1,

Make sure you've patched your WOI with the april patch :biggrin:

Edited by kreelin

Thank you guys for this jewell :good:

And BIG THANX for czechoslovak skin :yahoo:

MI-8.jpg

:shok: no other words are not needed I think...

Thanks Kreelin , Marcelo and team!

excellent work as usual!

Jarhead1,

Make sure you've patched your WOI with the april patch :biggrin:

Kreelin

Can we have a pre patch WOI version then? The WOI patch broke so much stuff I won't run it.

Hmmm... nitpicking mode on.

Somebody have a look at weapon stations section. One pylon has its mass set wrong and maybe something else if fishy.

Odd loadout issue - I cannot put anything but FABs on inner pylons. It's either FABs or empty. But if I don't alter loadouts of AI in my flight (i.e. they have rockets and empty) the actually start misson with the loadout specified in loadout ini. So on the loadout screen I see them have for CAS 2 pods and nothing but in game the have 2 larger pods and 2 smaller pods. If I fiddle with loadout it breaks the default setting. Another odd thing happened when I tried to make a flight of 16 Hips. I kept adding them then went to loadout screen and saw -4 as the number of available pods of one type and empty pylons for all Hips. Had to remove some helos as they were getting their full loadout added by default unlike stock planes.

And I keep getting the fire delay bug. Maybe it has something to do with input or CPU speed. I pick rockets, press fire - nothing happens. I lower collective and it starts to decrease smoothly. At some point one rocket fires. If I keep collective lower that this border (barely enough for slow ascent) I can fire without any problems. Above it - ordnance freezes. :shok:

Kreelin

Can we have a pre patch WOI version then? The WOI patch broke so much stuff I won't run it.

what did it broke? :blink:

Hmmm... nitpicking mode on.

Somebody have a look at weapon stations section. One pylon has its mass set wrong and maybe something else if fishy.

Odd loadout issue - I cannot put anything but FABs on inner pylons. It's either FABs or empty. But if I don't alter loadouts of AI in my flight (i.e. they have rockets and empty) the actually start misson with the loadout specified in loadout ini. So on the loadout screen I see them have for CAS 2 pods and nothing but in game the have 2 larger pods and 2 smaller pods. If I fiddle with loadout it breaks the default setting. Another odd thing happened when I tried to make a flight of 16 Hips. I kept adding them then went to loadout screen and saw -4 as the number of available pods of one type and empty pylons for all Hips. Had to remove some helos as they were getting their full loadout added by default unlike stock planes.

And I keep getting the fire delay bug. Maybe it has something to do with input or CPU speed. I pick rockets, press fire - nothing happens. I lower collective and it starts to decrease smoothly. At some point one rocket fires. If I keep collective lower that this border (barely enough for slow ascent) I can fire without any problems. Above it - ordnance freezes. :shok:

Nitpicking ? Nooo.. I would say just "feedback" :biggrin: (you are a Mi-8 addict don't you :haha: )

Ok about the loadout issue, please just copy / paste lines below into your std and adv FM. And remember that you can only load available weapons. If you want 16 hips in your flight, be sure you have enough weapons for everybody in your stock :wink:

And the last thing, do not load too much the AI Hip cause the FM was optimized for Max weight 22.000 lbs.

[WeaponStation1]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

GunGroup=2

AttachmentPosition=-2.773,0.579,-3.220

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0, 0.0

LoadLimit=500.0

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,EOGB,EOGR,CGR,MER,TER,LGR,ASM,RP,GP,FT,RCKT

AttachmentType=WP,Soviet

ModelNodeName=Pylon1

PylonMass=25

[WeaponStation2]

StationID=2

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

GunGroup=2

AttachmentPosition=2.773,0.579,-3.220

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=500.0

AttachmentType=WP,Soviet

ModelNodeName=Pylon4

PylonMass=25

[WeaponStation3]

StationID=3

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

GunGroup=3

AttachmentPosition=-2.077,0.579,-3.220

DiameterLimit=0.50

LengthLimit=2.5

LoadLimit=500.0

AttachmentType=WP,Soviet

ModelNodeName=Pylon2

PylonMass=25

[WeaponStation4]

StationID=4

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

GunGroup=3

AttachmentPosition=2.077,0.579,-3.220

DiameterLimit=0.50

LengthLimit=2.5

LoadLimit=500.0

AttachmentType=WP,Soviet

ModelNodeName=Pylon3

PylonMass=25

And about rockets launching issue, I figured out that you need to fly once above 500 ft before... Don't know the reason but it works then

@Dave

Sorry I don't have a pre patch version for WOI anymore...

Edited by kreelin

you are a Mi-8 addict don't you

Nope, but I've had about enough of hi-tech EECH/AH, and Mi-24 for it is not ready yet.

I'm more of a Mi-6 fan... the whole idea that 40 tons can be lifted by a single rotor is crazy. :biggrin: I think I even got a Russian flight manual for it describing the way it handles, landing procedures, gliding on autorotation :wink:

Loadout fix works :good:

But even 500m didn't fix the rockets :blink:

panel.jpg

....But even 500m didn't fix the rockets :blink:

Ok it seems that you need to reach once 190 kmh (100 kts) and alt 155m (500 ft) after takeoff to "unlock" rockets. Then you can fly as you want

Hmm.. speed and altitude didn't unlock it. Actually it sometimes makes the game stop, waiting to be terminated. As if something breaks and the plane can still fly or some value is out of range.

But when I pulled at the stick like crazy turning and climbing, rockets got unlocked for a while. When I restored level flight they froze again. :blink: What exactly does the collective stick do FM-wise?

I'll also try a reboot later - maybe something got stuck in RAM.

I got more things to show :wink: Really small nits.

panel.jpg

The two identical lights at bottom right should have the last letter look like H, not X. And what does "cone extended" mean, I wonder

And the instrument at top right - it says "Altitude in km". (How) does it work?

BTW, the third light implies that the Hip can have external fuel tanks. Maybe some stock model can be used?

Co-pilots lights are mirrored :biggrin: And turn off the red ones - these are fire alerts.

And if you feel luck you can try SEAD in the 60's These guns fire short busts and dodging them in head-on approach is real fun.

hitme.jpg

Hmm.. speed and altitude didn't unlock it....

Really weird... Could you give a try the "helicoplane" and see if you have the same issue ?

The two identical lights at bottom right should have the last letter look like H, not X. And what does "cone extended" mean, I wonder

And the instrument at top right - it says "Altitude in km". (How) does it work?

BTW, the third light implies that the Hip can have external fuel tanks. Maybe some stock model can be used?

Co-pilots lights are mirrored :biggrin: And turn off the red ones - these are fire alerts.

Err... Marcelo are you there ? :rofl: . None of our pit maker around speaks russian so... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Edited by kreelin

Really weird... Could you give a try the "helicoplane" and see if you have the same issue ?

Same problem, but my not-so-keen perception tells me that the time elapsed between pulling the trigger and the rockets going off appears to be shorter.

Same problem, but my not-so-keen perception tells me that the time elapsed between pulling the trigger and the rockets going off appears to be shorter.

Ok thanks... "Debugging" the helicoplane is much easier for me than the ADV one. I'll make more test.

Yes, it's less notable in helicoplane. I found out that if I direct thrust down in that mode and make my speed fall below 100km/h rockets turn off. Then I accelerate (without touching the vector or throttle - just by pitch) and at 132-3km/h one fires and they're unlocked until speed falls below 100 again. There's a border below 100 which unlocks launch too but have'nt fiured it out yet. Should try with unlimited ammo I guess :rolleyes:

Great work!Fror bot Marcelo and Team!!!

I've got the WoE ver. and the main rotor is fixed anybody solved it?

Really great guys ! :good:

Just a few things, the rocket firing "Lock". That really need to be fixed. And it is missing the 12.7mm MG that the crew chief fired. I talked to a ex-NVA (National Volks Armee) pilot who flew the Hip. He said once the master arm switch was on, there was no delay in firing. And all the NVA and Soviet version had the gun, or the ability to mount one. Only in SAR mode was it not mounted. He said it was always mounted when the Hip's were used as attack craft.

Just keep up the good work.

DerAlte :flyer:

I can add the gun via 3dsmax if you like, to create a Mi-17

Are there any movable parts on this bird I haven`t found out?! And no lights?!

No lights...

Mi-17 also has its tail rotor on the other side so just an extra gun won't do :wink: