Sign in to follow this  
Fatman

How do you get an Aircraft Carrier to work in WOE?

May 25, 2008

How do you get an Aircraft Carrier to work in WOE? Want to land and take off from an

Aircraft Carrier during campaign missions. Would like to do the Burning Sands Campaign

using an Aircraft Carrier.

Thanks

Fatman

Burning Sands is a SPF1 campaign so youll need the desert map. Of course I may be mistaken so do check the campaign data ini.

As per what I see now the the article on adding carriers to campaigns has been removed from the KB(brilliant!!!).

Try Red Swarm. Its a kick arse campaign. Heres my version(please check the campaign data ini to make sure you have everything that is needed.)Or better still check the read me as well that came with Red Swarm.That would give you a general overview of the downloads required.

As for adding carriers it goes like this

You need to ascertain an area on the map where the carrier can operate. Sometimes it needs to be added to terrain targets ini. Then the same needs to be updated in the campaign data ini. Aircraft operating from carriers need the pertinent carrier number and need to be carrier capable; again check campaign data ini.

Having just drafted a company's MOA Im not up to giving graphic examples right now.Hope someone else could fill in the big glaring blanks.

Hey Fatman, this used to be the most asked question after "is anyone making the F-22??". Generally, have a look in the knowledge base and you'll find everything you need to know about modding and editing this series (although I think it's currently being updated).

This article is specifically related to adding carriers to the SF/Wings Over series:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12137

If that link doesn't work, this is the original Column5 article:

http://www.column5.us/carriers.htm

Follow it closely and you'll have no probs (hopefully! :smile:). I've used these instructions before and they've worked perfectly for me. Let us know how you go. :good:

And I was too tired to scroll down and actually look.Morale of the story-dont trust a tired law student.

Morale of the story-dont trust a tired law student.

And if you think that's bad, don't fly with a tired pilot!! :haha:

Morale of the story-dont trust a tired law student.

And if you think that's bad, don't fly with a tired pilot!! :haha:

...what about flying law students?? :tongue:

You are right though Stick, setting up an Area of Ops (AO) and a unit that uses the AO are two of the main elements to it. What I've pointed to will allow for a carrier to be used in the stock campaign. Generally speaking, the later campaigns that use carriers should work fine too, only, in my experience, when I've tried to use a couple and followed their respective installation instructions, it sometimes hasn't worked. Burning Sands '84 (?) I think is one that chose not to co-oporate with me. So I made an example of it in front of my other campaign mods and they all fell into line. :tongue:

Ah yes refreshed and reenergized after passing out for 3 hours. Now for dinner.