I've tried everything I can think of, but the only GBU's that will show up in the loadout screen for the AV-8B+ are the 16 and 123. Needless to say, they aren't showing up if I leave the default Strike loadout set either.

To double check, I tried a mission in the same year with the stock WOE A-10, and was able to load the GBU-12D/B just fine. Changed the aircraft to the B+, and there was no GBU-12 available. The attachment types and mass limits seem fine.

I'm using a merged WOV/WOE with lots of mods and Bunyaps weps pack. But seeing as the GBU-12 will show up on other aircraft, I don't get why it wouldn't show up for only the B+.

Any suggestions?

*edit* - figured it out. The nation is listed as USAF for the GBU-12D, and exported is not checked. The nation for the AV-8B+ is USMC, so it won't ever be able to be loaded. I changed the GBU-12D to exported (shouldn't have a big effect since the attachment type still has to be USAF), and it works now.

However, I did also discover that the SEAD loadout has 3 rockeyes on each of the #2 wing pylons. However the load limit for these stations is set too low to allow 3 rockeyes. I'm not an AV-8B expert, so I don't know if 2 rockeyes is more accurate and the weight limit is correct, or if the load limit should be increased. Anyone know what would be correct?

Maybe we should add the AV-8B+ to the KB loadout fixes...?

Edited by malibu43

I did notice that sometimes I could load 6 Mavericks on the inner pylons, then in game they wouldn't show up, even thought they'd be selected. Like So...

NoMavs.jpg

I'm gonna have a look into it.

I did notice that sometimes I could load 6 Mavericks on the inner pylons, then in game they wouldn't show up, even thought they'd be selected. Like So...

[/img]

I'm gonna have a look into it.

Figured this one out. Here's the strike load that I wrote and they work fine. An entry for the TER was absent. This is based of a harrier picture I saw. Copy and paste it over the strike set on your loadout.ini for the jet. You'll need to modify the centerline rack in the data.ini to use a DLP. Or you can just take what you need from this. Either way, the jet needs a designator on it to use the GBUs anyway.

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=AGM-65D

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=AGM-65D

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].WeaponType=AV8_Tank300

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].WeaponType=GBU-12

Loadout[06].Quantity=3

Loadout[06].RackType=TER

Loadout[07].WeaponType=AAQ-14

Loadout[07].Quantity=1

Figured this one out. Here's the strike load that I wrote and they work fine. An entry for the TER was absent. This is based of a harrier picture I saw. Copy and paste it over the strike set on your loadout.ini for the jet. You'll need to modify the centerline rack in the data.ini to use a DLP. Or you can just take what you need from this. Either way, the jet needs a designator on it to use the GBUs anyway.

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=AGM-65D

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=AGM-65D

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].WeaponType=AV8_Tank300

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].WeaponType=GBU-12

Loadout[06].Quantity=3

Loadout[06].RackType=TER

Loadout[07].WeaponType=AAQ-14

Loadout[07].Quantity=1

In all pics I've seen, the LANTIRN pod would be hanging where you have the fuel tank. Also, FWIW, you can use the LGB's on a strke mission without the targeting pod, since primary strike targets in Thirdwire games are always being "lazed" by "special forces". But if you want to use LGB's in SEAD or CAS, then yes, you would have to load a designator pod.

But if anyone has any input on my orginal (well... second) question about the Rockeye loadouts and load limits for the #2 pylons, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you guys for your input, the loadout issomething I really had a hard time to figure it out.

Malibu, the maximum load allowed for each pylon is: fuselage 1000 lb, inner 2000 lb, intermediate 1000lb, outer 630 lb. From my papers the Rockeye limit is 12 units, but I don't know how they're distributed

img00008.jpg

Well, it can be done - it's more/less standard loadout for this kite.

img00009.jpg

In order to hit something you must use adequate pod: AV-8B aircraft are being fitted with the Northrop Grumman Litening II/III targeting and reconnaissance pod(s). Litening II consists of a CCD TV camera for video reconnaissance and FLIR and laser spot tracker / rangefinder for targeting.

In order to hit something you must use adequate pod: AV-8B aircraft are being fitted with the Northrop Grumman Litening II/III targeting and reconnaissance pod(s). Litening II consists of a CCD TV camera for video reconnaissance and FLIR and laser spot tracker / rangefinder for targeting.

Interesting. I thought I remember reading that targeting pods couldn't be fitted to the centerline. Maybe this isn't correct though...?

Well it was usually mounted under right wing in asymmetric way - to use most of the other pylons for "smarter" ordinance:

Harrier.av8b.750pix.jpg :yes:

BTW - this is the game - a bit of "artistic freedom" even in loadout it's fun :blind:

Edited by starfighter2