I´ve found the harrier very erratic too... its left wing dropping very easily all the time

That problem can be easily fixed - it's due to a typo in the data.ini file for the Harrier GR3.

Search for 'TRUE7'.

Once you've found it, change to 'TRUE'.

The typo's effect is to prevent one of the stabilisers from working properly, hence the strong tendency for the plane to roll to the left.

Hi,

I need help installing this Mod for WOV please.

I did:

• fresh installation of WOV
  • install Wings Over Vietnam Sep 2008 Update
  • rename my base folder to 'Falklands 1982'
  • delete missions - folder
  • delete campaigns - folder
  • delete /objects/decals - folder
  • delete /objects/aircraft - folder
  • delete /objects/groundojects - folder
  • (I did not delete the /objects/weapons - folder because it is not there)
  • correct the lines -> Citation=E:\Falkland 1982\Flight\FlightUKMedalVC.txt with your installation-path and
  • correct the lines -> Citation=E:\Falkland 1982\Flight\FlightUKMedalARG.txt with your installation-path in \Falkland 1982\Flight\MedalsUK.ini and \Falkland 1982\Flight\MedalsARG.ini
  • finally I changed the Terrain\Malvinas\malvinas.ini file like suggested in this post (<- link).

The game loads up normally and the background images are there. The problem is in the loadout screen of a mission (campaign or single) there are no weapons available. This probably is related to the absence of the /objects/weapons folder in my patched installation of WOV, so I tried to install a weapon pack prior to patching WOV and installing Falklands 1982. This gets rid of the problem with the laodout screen but the bigger problem is that the loading of a mission stops at 80% and I have to kill WOV with the Task Manager (Windows XP).

Can someone who has managed to install this properly with WOV please help me?

If you guys read the readme that came with the add-on, the creator says that it has problems with post WOI patches (the harrier is mentioned specifically). The A-4 problems could be related as well. I would recommend installing this mod on top of the old patch, or you will have issues for sure.

zwobot:

As you can tell by this statement above (and the mods readme file), this mod is NOT for the Sep/Oct 2008 patches, it works with the 8/31/2006 patch (especially the helo's).

Panama Red

Thanks for your answer Panama Red. I did try the older patch from 2006:

...so I tried to install a weapon pack prior to patching WOV and installing Falklands 1982. This gets rid of the problem with the laodout screen but the bigger problem is that the loading of a mission stops at 80% and I have to kill WOV with the Task Manager (Windows XP).

(I meant I installed the 2006 patch after the weapon pack in the second try. Sorry I did not make this clear).

So I still have the same problem that the loading screen freezes at 80% with.

Has anyone run this off a WOV install reliably? If so, could you list what files you added and any tweaks or edits needed.

I run mine off of WOV just fine. I think everything that needed to be done was mentioned in this thread.

(I meant I installed the 2006 patch after the weapon pack in the second try.

there's a major part of your problem RIGHT there!!

you ALWAYS patch first, THEN install weapons and other mods

wrench

kevin stein

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS.

Incredible amount of downloads they have arrived.

Here in Argentina is very famous.

There are websites which has been commented on MALVINAS MOD and the quantity of visitors has exceeded 20,000.

Congratulations.

MARCOS

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS.

Incredible amount of downloads they have arrived.

Here in Argentina is very famous.

There are websites which has been commented on MALVINAS MOD and the quantity of visitors has exceeded 20,000.

Congratulations.

MARCOS

I've noticed a little problem with a AAA at Stanley Airfiled, it's partly under the ground.I think must change something in Malvinas_targets.ini,but I don't know how must do it.The position of this AAA in the file is:

Target[020].Type=RH202

Target[020].Offset=400.0,-300.0

Target[020].Heading=90

You add the photo to give you an idea of the problem.

Someone can help me,thanks!

Best regards,

Teo :dntknw:

I like trying out the Hirundo, but the video that CA_Stary posted got me interested... though kreelin did it. Haven't tried the campaign but it's interesting flying something different.

Possibly a stupid quesiton, but is it possible to run this mod in Vista? I get a distinct lack of textures when I try.

Possibly a stupid quesiton, but is it possible to run this mod in Vista? I get a distinct lack of textures when I try.

I have the Falklands mod on mine...Vista, no problems encountered at all

Okay, I have purchased and installed Strike Fighters Gold and patched it to the October 2008 patch. I have followed the instructions up to this point...."correct the lines -> Citation=E:\Falkland 1982\Flight\FlightUKMedalVC.txt with your installation-path". I do not understand what this means. Specifically, "with your installation-path." What exactly am I to replace this entire line with?..............

After trying to run the game without editing this computer code, the game simply crashes to the desktop and will not run at all. I have since rebooted the computer and I am now reinstalling the game again fresh. I will attempt a second installation of the modification.

Question #1: Do these lines have to be edited in order for the "Falklands 1982 Modification" to work in the "Strike Fighters Gold" game?

Question #2: If this is the case. How do I do this? The instructions are not specific. (not specific enough for me anyway.) I do not understand what change I am supposed to make in order for this MOD to work.

Edited by ktickner6767

Okay, I have purchased and installed Strike Fighters Gold and patched it to the October 2008 patch. I have followed the instructions up to this point...."correct the lines -> Citation=E:\Falkland 1982\Flight\FlightUKMedalVC.txt with your installation-path". I do not understand what this means. Specifically, "with your installation-path." What exactly am I to replace this entire line with?..............

Ok this is what I did.

I have a seperate SFP1 installation for Falklands as such:

D:\gamez\sfp1.Falklands

Under this I copied all the files that come with the mod. So when I had to change the pointers to the text files you mention above I changed them to:

D:\gamez\spf1.Falklands\Flight\FlightUKMedalVC.txt

... etc

Meaning, you have to give the full path to the file. Also read through this release thread and search for other Falklands/Malvinas threads in combatace; Lots of good info AND There are a few fixes made by different people, example new campaign text files.

After trying to run the game without editing this computer code, the game simply crashes to the desktop and will not run at all. I have since rebooted the computer and I am now reinstalling the game again fresh. I will attempt a second installation of the modification.

Question #1: Do these lines have to be edited in order for the "Falklands 1982 Modification" to work in the "Strike Fighters Gold" game?

Question #2: If this is the case. How do I do this? The instructions are not specific. (not specific enough for me anyway.) I do not understand what change I am supposed to make in order for this MOD to work.

Hi all

I am new to this forum. I purchased too the Gold edition and parched it with the October patch too. Then I follow the instructions and the game doesn´t work. Issues:

- There is not a weapons folder in my instalaltion, so I can´t delet it.

- In the Falkland mod I download there are not Mirages, neither terrain... any idea?

Many thanks.

Goblin

Okay, after days of trying... I finally got this MOD working. However, I am experiencing another problem. I am getting flickering dark patches on the water. I have searched the forums for this but, I have been unable to find something specific for this MOD to correct the water flickering problem. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

First of all - i must say Falklands mod is one of the best for SF1, IMHO. Many thanks to its creators, their work is just great.

ktickner6767

I had that problem with my ATI HD3870. Flickering water tiles and shining sea at night on MEDIUM quality settings (on HIGH there were no problems, but I suffered heavy FPS loss). Looks like it depends of video card model. There is the solution that works for me (SFP1, patch V30.08.06). In Malvinas_data.INI (Terrain\Malvinas folder) i replaced [WaterTextureMaterial] section with:

[WaterTextureMaterial]

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

RenderedInOrder=TRUE

AlphaTestEnabled=TRUE

CullMode=CLOCKWISE

LightEnabled=TRUE

SpecularEnabled=TRUE

EmissiveEnabled=FALSE

FogEnabled=TRUE

AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

SpecularColor=0.500000,0.500000,0.500000,1.000000

SpecularPower=5.000000

Reflectivity=1.00000

ZBufferOffset=4.000000

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

NumTextureStages=2

TextureStage[01].TextureName=

TextureStage[01].MipMap=TRUE

TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=TRUE

TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE

TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=TEXTURE

TextureStage[02].TextureName=

TextureStage[02].MipMap=TRUE

TextureStage[02].FilterEnabled=TRUE

TextureStage[02].ReflectionMapping=TRUE

TextureStage[02].StageColorOp=TEXTURE_BLEND_TEXTURE_ALPHA

TextureStage[02].StageAlphaOp=DIFFUSE

Now my sea looks as stock (a bit darker, and texture is not so good), but no more flickering.

Now about awards. Text files ArgMCM.TXT, ArgMMG.TXT, UKMedalAFC.TXT... and other award text files should be placed to Missions folder. There will be no need in mumbo-jumbo with paths in MedalsARG.INI and MedalsUK.INI (note this two files must stay in Flight folder)

Citation string must contain only filename, ex. Citation=UKMedalVC.txt with no path at all. Now you can install game to any folder you like without changing Medals...INI

And for last about CTD's. It happens sometimes during campaign when campaign engine starts randomly generated Anti-Ship missions.

So I changed in Malvinas1_Data.ini and Operation_Corporate_Data.ini

MissionChance[ANTI_SHIP]=... to 0 for all squadrons.

Playing 2 weeks - not a single CTD. :good:

Hope it helps. And sorry for my English - it is not my native language... :blush:

Edited by luk1978

First of all - i must say Falklands mod is one of the best for SF1, IMHO. Many thanks to its creators, their work is just great.

ktickner6767

I had that problem with my ATI HD3870. Flickering water tiles and shining sea at night on MEDIUM quality settings (on HIGH there were no problems, but I suffered heavy FPS loss). Looks like it depends of video card model. There is the solution that works for me (SFP1, patch V30.08.06). In Malvinas_data.INI (Terrain\Malvinas folder) i replaced [WaterTextureMaterial] section with:

[WaterTextureMaterial]

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

RenderedInOrder=TRUE

AlphaTestEnabled=TRUE

CullMode=CLOCKWISE

LightEnabled=TRUE

SpecularEnabled=TRUE

EmissiveEnabled=FALSE

FogEnabled=TRUE

SpecularPower=5.000000

Reflectivity=1.00000

ZBufferOffset=4.000000

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

NumTextureStages=2

Now my sea looks as stock (a bit darker, and texture is not so good), but no more flickering.

Now about awards. Text files ArgMCM.TXT, ArgMMG.TXT, UKMedalAFC.TXT... and other award text files should be placed to Missions folder. There will be no need in mumbo-jumbo with paths in MedalsARG.INI and MedalsUK.INI (note this two files must stay in Flight folder)

Citation string must contain only filename, ex. Citation=UKMedalVC.txt with no path at all. Now you can install game to any folder you like without changing Medals...INI

And for last about CTD's. It happens sometimes during campaign when campaign engine starts randomly generated Anti-Ship missions.

Hope it helps. And sorry for my English - it is not my native language... :blush:

I installed Falklands campaigns on WOV, and the question is this I must use the same procedure if I want to see the awards?

Best regards,

I installed Falklands campaigns on WOV, and the question is this I must use the same procedure if I want to see the awards?

Best regards,

Yes, it works with my WOV(v08.30.06).

Okay, after days of trying... I finally got this MOD working. However, I am experiencing another problem. I am getting flickering dark patches on the water. I have searched the forums for this but, I have been unable to find something specific for this MOD to correct the water flickering problem. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

ktickner6767, I installed the same version and patch as you, but my installation does ctd every time. May you tell me what did you exactly for the game to work?

many thanks.

Emilio Moskowich aka "Goblin"

Galicia, Spain

ktickner6767

[WaterTextureMaterial]

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

RenderedInOrder=TRUE

AlphaTestEnabled=TRUE

CullMode=CLOCKWISE

LightEnabled=TRUE

SpecularEnabled=TRUE

EmissiveEnabled=FALSE

FogEnabled=TRUE

SpecularPower=5.000000

Reflectivity=1.00000

ZBufferOffset=4.000000

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

NumTextureStages=2

I started the campaign with the UK but I noticed a problem about the FAA C-130A. When I play the mission appear two C-130A the first with the right insignia and the second with the RAF insignia but on the left and right side the written "Fuerza Aerea Argentina" and on the tail the argentinian flag.How can I do for resolve this problem?Thanks!

Best regards,

When I play the mission appear two C-130A the first with the right insignia and the second with the RAF insignia

Looks like campaign engine generated UK transport flight with argentinian plane (in this mod C-130 have no british skin). This could happen if you have no any british transport planes installed. Do you have VictorK2 in game?

Anyway, you can fix it.

Go to Objects\Aircraft\Westland_Seaking\SH-3_DATA.INI

Find string SecondaryRoles=RECON,ANTI_SHIP,TRANSFER

Replace word TRANSFER for TRANSPORT

Now Seaking will fly transport missions.

Really I don't have a clue about TRANSFER, I will be glad if someone will explain. Maybe just typing error.

Hope this will help.

ktickner6767

[WaterTextureMaterial]

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

RenderedInOrder=TRUE

AlphaTestEnabled=TRUE

CullMode=CLOCKWISE

LightEnabled=TRUE

SpecularEnabled=TRUE

EmissiveEnabled=FALSE

FogEnabled=TRUE

SpecularPower=5.000000

Reflectivity=1.00000

ZBufferOffset=4.000000

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

NumTextureStages=2

I tried implementing this change, copied and saved the changes to the file in notepad, started the game back up but, no change took effect. Am I missing a step?