Sign in to follow this  
elNiko

WoI Aircraft/Object Textures Missing

Hi folks,

just bought Wings over Israel. Awesome game..if it wasn't for some strange texture problems I'm experiencing. All aircraft as well as land vehicles (not the ships) are missing textures. I just get them in plain white color. All the decals are depicted correctly, though. In the loadout screen I just see a black panel/patch where usually a "preview" of the camo scheme should be shown.

I downloaded some custom-made A-4F skins. Interestingly, the all work perfectly. One of the schemes is basically the random IDF Camo 1 that comes with the game. I couldn't figure out what the difference between that one and the custom-made was (which worked!)

Has any of you guys experienced similar problems? I could not find any other forum entries. Could Vista be a problem? I modified a couple of files (as suggested in this forum) to make the game run on Vista. I also got all the latest drivers and reinstalled the game several times. I guess that was not the problem.

I really hope someone can help me. Its just not fun to dogfight against white planes or spot white tanks in the desert!

Best whishes,

elNiko

My System: Intel Core 2 Duo 7200, 2 Gig RAM, Ati Mobility Radeon X1900, Realtek High Defintion Audio,Windows Vista Home Premium

Where did you get this from? Somebody recently posted a similar problem with a "free" version they found on the web.

Basically if you have installed it properly (or even tried reinstalling it) you need to go back to whoever you bought it from and see if they can check out the download and then provide you with the full thing.