Sign in to follow this  
ArgonV

FS-WWI Plane Pack 5 Public Beta Bug Listing

Please report any bugs and errors found with FS-WWI Plane Pack 5 Public Beta here.

Hmmm... I'm getting bombs occasionally going bouncy-bouncy off the ground but I'm not sure if it is the game itself or the dual core CPU which gives frequent errors in older games. I'll try later forcing the game to run on single core.

Bombs do bounce in FS-WWI.. Sometimes they are duds and other times they just don't explode when they're supposed to. (Bad fuse) Remember to arm them though before you drop them. ;)

(S!) ALL hi ;-)

I love Open Plane! :good:

Just wish the multi play was better then it is, you know ArgonV that’s been my only complaint.

RB3D Cold War website;

http://home.hetnet.nl/~lord.e.frauenfelder/

Blue Max WW1 Sim Project;

http://www.topfreeforum.com/forum/viewtopi...orum=thecoldwar

New Planes & Other for CW 2009;

http://www.topfreeforum.com/forum/viewtopi...orum=thecoldwar

your friend in the Cold War sky

KoA v. Deutschmark :cool:

Blue Max Project Designer

Can someone confirm If I will get a WW1 terrain with trenches, no-mans land, and realistic WW1 airfields If I download the 604Mb file??

The terrain in FS-WWI is represented as Somme. It does have a WWI feel with front lines and WWI looking airfields. (It's not historically accurate) The aircraft cannot take off side-by-side however (They take off in a row) and there are no 3d trenches or barbed wire along the front. There are certain ground attack missions with barbed wire used around the enemy encampments, and there are ground soldiers and tanks you can shoot (They do not move however) The dogfighting is intense, you can man gunner positions, take off from water in float planes, drop hand-held bombs, fly massive bombers and go balloon busting amongst many other things. There are even Zeppelin attack missions at night with spot lights searching the sky. So I'd say FS-WWI is not perfect, but does pretty well for a 9+ year old game mod created totally by users and put up as a free download. :) The terrain and multiplay have always been the downside of FS-WWI and SDOE in general..

But you do get all of that with the 604mb file. There is a document link explaining what is included with the All-In-One installer on the same page as the Beta install instructions.

Edited by ArgonV

Argon I will try this one, saw a video on your page and looks very cool, I believe FS have a nice mission editor no? Will be cool to try WW2 version too

Stratos, yes SDOE does have a mission editor that's not too bad at all. :)

Found bug where D.H.4 (both) elevators would sometimes fall off on landing.

Found bug where Sopwith Triplane's wing and aileron switchin lods were at too close of a distance.

Found modeling error where D.H.4 (both) needs a pilot's windshield.

Found bug where Brit D.H.4 needs to be distingushed from the U.S. D.H.4 in loadout.ppf file.

Found bug where Ilya A floatplane's rear pontoon wasn't in the water.

Found bug in the Morane Saulnier N damage code that was causing a CTD when the right wing breaks off.

Found bug where the Vickers F.B.5a would just slow spiral down until crashing when engaged with enemy aircraft.

Found bug where the bridges in Somme could not be landed on or driven on.

Found a bug where the Bleriot XI and Fokker E.III could not properly follow targets that were engaged. This would cause them to bank too sharp, and lose distance on their targets.

There were many unoptimized sounds that the aircraft and other objects used. These were up to 1mb in size! This taxed the system greatly during a heavy battle.. These sounds have all been reduced to not use such a large memory footprint.

Fixed a couple of bugs with the Bristol F.2b where damage to some parts would cause the game to slow way down and the view system distance settings to get corrupted.

Fixed a bug in the Alb D.Va FM where it could not accel past 100 mph unless put into a shallow dive first. Also fixed the max speed from 129 mph to 116 mph.

Fixed a bug with the Albatros D.I in that its top speed was too high. This also fixed its accel rate and take off issues.

Fixed a bug with the Fokker D.VIII in that it had no nose/fuselage drag. This was causing the top speed to be too high as well.