Sign in to follow this  
guitarclassic55

FE at double speed?

I'm doing some flying now, and I've got TrackIR4 which is really really cool. Makes awareness so much better and more natural.

Anyway, I noticed even before I got TrackIR that FE seems to have "sped up..." It almost feels like I'm flying a WWII simulator. Take-offs are really quick, landings likewise. I'm thinking that either 1) since I've been flying OFF some too that perhaps the differences in the two games is throwing me... I guess that's possible... but I don't know why I never noticed it until recently... OR 2) something has gone awry with the timing in the game. I mean, it's alarming at how fast a Roland Walfisch now does double split-Ss in evading me, and how fast we descend, etc. Anyone have any ideas for me? Or have I just gone crazy?

The game does have time compression, but you should be able to clearly see if that's on or off.

The game does have time compression, but you should be able to clearly see if that's on or off.

Yes, aware of time compression, I have the time cycle button mapped to T. In hindsight, maybe I've just gone crazy... perhaps FE just gives a better sense of movement than OFF, plus I was flying late war planes in FE and early war planes in OFF. Yep, I'm pretty sure I've gone crazy.

Nope. You are not insane. :no:

It's just that Microcrap Unflight So Called Simulator 3 is a turtle

It does seem to be quite a bit slower... I feel like I'm flying a kite sometimes in OFF. Not to criticize it, I do like it for several reasons, but I like the flying better in FE. FE seems much more like the DOGFIGHT TV series (whatever it's called, can't remember) computer-generated depictions of WWI dogfights, too. [With the except of the planes breaking up sooo frequently and being sooo easy to kill in FE with the stock ammo settings...]

If someone could just make a comprehensive campaign mod that lets you feel like you're really enlisted and if you die, you're dead... and like you're really attached to a certain squadron with other pilots, etc. I know FE models that, but it doesn't have the feel to it that I'm looking for... you know, RB3Dish... hate to harken back but it seems like the best comparison.

FE FMs really got "hopped up" with the Expansion Pack especially in roll rates. Most written accounts I've read indicate good rudder and elevator response. However, IMHO, I think the roll rates generally are overdone. So, no, you're not insane. FE is sped up.