Don't know why, but I picture that scene from "Rocky Horror Show" ... with the 'just one more from the vault'...

Anyway, somebody asked on another thread somewhere, what else have I got hiding..so I went looking...

swotl_thunderjet.jpg

for those of us with a SWOTL type install, for WW2 if it proceeded into 1947; provided Republic could gear up fast enough. Supposed to 'represent' the P-84A Thunderjets, if/as used by the 61st FS, 56th FG

Still need a few decal touches, etc. (not correct, as A models didn't get tip tanks -- but, figure a fast factory fix for those thirsty jets)

And this one, based off that one, but more in a historical vein:

thunderjet-a-b-c.jpg

A bit more realistic; F-84B/Cs as seen approx 1948; 59th FS (Jet Propelled) as seen at Otis. Need to finish off the decals for the buzz and serial numbers. Had major problems with the drop tanks, finally said f***-it! and used the Sabre tanks. Albeit not quite right, but they look approximately the right size (even though they and tip tanks should NOT have fins - no biggie)

A couple of years ago, I asked Russo to remove the canopy frame from the E model, worked on it, and never finished it. Speaking of the canopy, I was even able to assign it to the 'arrestor_hook', so you can open it manually.

If there's enough (or ANY) interest, they'll be released a 2 seperate aircraft; for SWOTL/WW2:46, and the more general B/D for The Real World . Both use The Great and Powerful Zur's Sabre cockpit, with some gunsight mods by me (K-14, with 2 sights: A-A and A-G

So, what say you?

Oh, and Russo, Ok for release???

Wrench

kevin stein

Oh, forgot to mention, the 61st nose art is a accurate as I can make it; call it 98.6%!! Based of the real birds

Major Lee would be proud!

Wrench

kevin stein

Cool, when are you going to release them?

By the way, did the F-84G carry rockets or rocket pods?

Edited by suhsjake

Wow, yes frameless canopy is needed. Need early F-84s. Yippee--fast.gif

Please don't forget SWOTPVO and WW3:1947.

Lexx, I have a whole install called "Cold War Gone Hot: 1948" ie, Prop Cold War, with all the early jets and prop jobbies

Even have a new main screen for it too, modded from the original

woe_propcoldwar.jpg

If anyone wants it, I'll upload it. Since it's 'stock', all the hot spots stay the same. Even have a nice generic loading screen RG Smith's painting 'The Berlin Airlift'. They should be in one of my aircraft mods here...I just don' remember which!!

repainted F-47D, with correct numbers

post-war_generic_jug-d.jpg

for fun to shoot down, you can always take a Cab...

li-2_cab.jpg

Now, if I could get Capun to add the turret....

BTW, you know the DAT is working on 3 Peacemakers, right??? B, D and J

Jake: just 10 HVARs and 2 Tiny Tims. or combo HVARs and bombs

Wrench

kevin stein

yes, plz release, esp the c-47 in russian skin.

The clean canopy is not a problem .. time is the main prob .. I`m working on the frameless canopy for the F-84G...

But i need some help to find some pictures of a framless F-84 G version! If we find some, the work will go further...

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Ahh, the F-47. What should have been, IMO. Saw the F-47N over at your site already.

Will have to add these to my Korea install.

Nice job Kevin.

The major problem with the Cab, is you'll need to original C-47B to start with; and it's member-ware. This is simply a decals and ini tweek. Minus the upper turret, of course.

For those with the B model Dakota, I can easily upload the inis you'll need. All the decals are stock 3rd Wire, and exist in all versions (excepting maybe WoI) of the game. At worst, it'll go on my site. This shouldn't violate the end-user agreement, that even I have to abide by.

The F-47D should be here at CA; I'll double check the d/ls section - if I ever uploaded it, I probably stuck it in the WW2 Planes section, along with the Generic Metal Mustang

Both the Thunderjets, the SWOTL and Real Life versions should be out this weekend; just have to finish decals and readmes.

Blackbird: I have the 'Detail and Scale' for the Thunderjet on PDF. I can zip it up, and send you a link, if you want. It'll be about 35megs zipped. PDFs don't seem to compress much.

I, personally, find the whole 'Cold War Gone Hot: 1948' very intriguing...left over WW2 birds, the first jets...perhaps a revitalized BundsLuftwaffe to help out (hence, the GAF Spit 9 and Spit 22s I've done). Plus the newly formed NATO nation's Air Forces. Yes, most intriguing!

Wrench

kevin stein

I`ve tried out some small stuff and this is the first shape of the canopy ...

Why not, would be great to have your package wrench.

Ok this is a better one

Oh I oversaw that you have created it already .. mh.. ok now we have two of them... damn

but better than none ... hehe

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Can't wait to see these clear canopy 84's released. I'm flying almost exclusively in Korea now, and would love to add the early Hog to my collection. For some real fun, add LockoutSpeed to your straight wing jet's elevators, but watch your mach on Strike and CAS missions, especially in the Hog, which doesn't like to slow down, even with the speedbrake. I've become a lawn dart more than once by becoming careless about my mach number.

Ouch, that could definitely ruin ur day, lol.

I'm really interestes so I will be able to use your Luftwaffe Spit skins!

Stratos: they're not skins; they're complete BLW airplanes. If they're not here at CA, they'll be on my site. Probably in the 'Fictional/What If' section on the New Aircraft Page.

GAF/BLW Spit 9:

gaf_spit9-4.jpg

Spit 22:

gaf_spit22-1.jpg

IIRC, the GAFPilot has Galland's face....

Wrench

kevin stein