Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

MiG-29 Downed in Sudan

Don't even bother reading the comments for that. I'm not sure what a "fagit" is, but it can't be pleasant.

Edited by Longestpants

Oh well AWA.(Africa Wins Again)

The poor old Mig-29 never gets any good press - now the embarassment of being shot down by some rebels!

Nothing new about Russian pilots partaking in somebody elses war though.

Actually so did the F-117; well not rebels but militia at best. Ok the Nighthawk has no rear visibility and in combat you can best evade what you can tally.

You get over-confident you get complacent; You will err.

Its like the first time you take a girl out, you take all the neccesary care, one eye out for her daddy.

Second time you still have your guard up.

Third time you are a hound dog.

Its human nature.

'He wins his battles by making no mistakes'

- an underrated chinaman who lived a long long time ago.

As for the Russians being involved in someones elses war, every war needs its mercenaries, Hannibal would not have prevailed over Scipio had it not been for those Numidians. And then his horns turned to wax when their Berber king Masinissa took the Roman Road.

Edited by Stick

Actually so did the F-117; well not rebels but militia at best.

i would hardly call serbian forces a militia. serbian PVO (aa defence network) were actually quite good, considering the conditions. same could be said for the pilots who went up in malfunctioning birds highly outnumbered and outgunned, but still they went.

IBTL :skull:

Any armed force that defends ethnic cleansing loses any right to be recognized as one.

In fact that is the first mistake. Iacta Alea est.

In the event that they should prevail then all civilization is at peril.

Edited by Stick

i agree completely.

but trust me, as i was on the receiving end of the serbian war machine, i know you cannot call them just militia.

i agree completely.

but trust me, as i was on the receiving end of the serbian war machine, i know you cannot call them just militia.

Then I have no choice to concur. I am restricted to books and my own distorted opinions.

i agree completely.

but trust me, as i was on the receiving end of the serbian war machine, i know you cannot call them just militia.

My friend, Combat experience is ALWAYS the best teacher. I'm glad you made it thru those tough times, Welcome to the 'Club' :good:

My friend, Combat experience is ALWAYS the best teacher. I'm glad you made it thru those tough times, Welcome to the 'Club' :good:

sorry, no actual combat experience, 'cause i was a kid at the time. but living for 3 years 2 miles from the frontline under constant shelling, air raids and sniper attacks leaves a mark on an eightyearold.

p.s. sorry for the OT.

sorry, no actual combat experience, 'cause i was a kid at the time. but living for 3 years 2 miles from the frontline under constant shelling, air raids and sniper attacks leaves a mark on an eightyearold.

p.s. sorry for the OT.

Sounds like combat to me, While you did not have to 'put anyone down', you were part of everything else and at a very young age. Never feel sorry for not having any 'Real Combat experience' it is not something I would wish on anyone. 3 years in a Combat zone is a VERY long time! :blink:

I'm not sure what a "fagit" is,

A Fagot is (was) a Mig-15.

I missed that in the article. Where did it refer to a Fagot?

i agree completely.

but trust me, as i was on the receiving end of the serbian war machine, i know you cannot call them just militia.

Every day upright is good......

Glad you're here as well.

We all get called to do what our family, community, and churches never taught us to do for our respective countries (Exception: extreme muslims).

Welcome to what McArthur called the "long grey line". He spoke about the Americans, but I expand that to every man or woman who fights for his country.

I intend to constrain what I just said to those who fight, not those who murder, rape or torture.

When you are young, tough, and bulletproof, the sirene call to battle is hard to resist.

Far harder as an older, wiser person to send your son.

Ought to be a rule that the man who orders the charge should lead the charge.

If what is called for is not worth their life then why is it worth my life..........or my son's life?

One of the most appealing aspects of nuclear war was the fact that the man who ordered the charge would most likely be its first casualty.

Wandering thoughts.

Following all of that.....................every day upright is good!

Edited by Jug

Jug, Very well said! Very well said indeed!

Jug,

very well said indeed.

"Far harder as an older, wiser person to send your son."

boy is that true!!