Sign in to follow this  
Heck

For those who fly in Korea

You might want to go into your B-29's data.ini and change out the gunner's 20MM_M24 for 50CAL_M2. It makes flying through their formations far less lethal and much more realistic. They'll still knock parts off you; just rudders, ailerons, and elevators, not wings. Also, I'm experimenting with adding the [AI DATA] section of the aircraftobject.ini to their data.ini, so I can lower their roll and pitch for combat rates to 30 and 15 to make sure they behave like big bombers, not extremely large fighter-bombers. And I'm also doodling with creating lower accuracy versions of the guns used by gunners, ie: Gunner_50CAL_M2, with their base accuracy cut in half, to represent the harder time gunners had tracking targets, since modding the GunnerAimOffset in the AircraftObject.ini never seems to make that much of a difference for me. I think creating a specialized less accurate version of a gun might give better results for eliminating the Annie Oakley effect of the air gunners in these sims. If I'm wrong about the gun accuracy thing in the gundata.ini, please let me know.

Ps: Forgot to mention. In the gun section of the data.ini, change the burst amount from 5 to 15. Don't want it to be too unfair.... :wink:

Edited by Heck

thnkx for advice hehe

but , let me ask you....

i'm using the lexxx luthor cockpit method, but i want add a bombsight...

do somewone put the Gunsight on that?

thnkx for advice hehe

but , let me ask you....

Sorry, I really don't know. Somebody else will have to field this one.

thnkx for advice hehe

but , let me ask you....

what cockpit method is this and how can one have a result like the one nice b29 cockpit picture i have seen :dntknw:

Hab ich das richtig verstandn du willst das pit innenleben machen?! Respekt...

Ravenclaw do you want to remake the pit via LOD method?!

Hab ich das richtig verstandn du willst das pit innenleben machen?! Respekt...

Ravenclaw do you want to remake the pit via LOD method?!

no silverbolt did it i just like to have the Cockpit_Data.ini he made (if it is only the .ini you need) i think he made i nice job there

Edited by ravenclaw_007

Heck, over in the KB, in the BunyapPak Loadout fixes thread, are some tweeks for the B-29 and Tu-4; mostly some gun tweeks and fixing the engine eshaust emitters and small stuff.

Don't know if it'll be any help...but just thought I'd mention it. Now, if we could just get it to STOP loading flash-bombs.... (yeah, I know, delete the entry from the weapons data...) :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

As for the B-29 pit... instead of good old Scooter one we could chopp off few bits from new Canberra by Kesselbrut... That would give us functional switchable bombsight inside of external Superfortress framing, which wouldn't be that bad at all :rolleyes:

As for the B-29 pit... instead of good old Scooter one we could chopp off few bits from new Canberra by Kesselbrut... That would give us functional switchable bombsight inside of external Superfortress framing, which wouldn't be that bad at all :rolleyes:

excellent idea :good:

when i arrive in home i'll see that, thanks again ;)

and if lexxx and pasko allow me i can upload the cockpit.

EDIT:

oh,and kesselbrut too

Edited by Silverbolt

Heck, over in the KB, in the BunyapPak Loadout fixes thread, are some tweeks for the B-29 and Tu-4; mostly some gun tweeks and fixing the engine eshaust emitters and small stuff.

Don't know if it'll be any help...but just thought I'd mention it. Now, if we could just get it to STOP loading flash-bombs.... (yeah, I know, delete the entry from the weapons data...) :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks, Wrench. I'll check it out. I'm also trying to reduce the accuracy of the gunners in WW2 bombers, like my personal nemesis, the Ju-88. More than half the fun of this sim is doodling with things to see what results you get. Right now I'm busily uparmoring (sp?) my B-29's to make them less easy to kill with the Mig, so I can see more realistic results. Lots of shot up bombers, with a few knocked down, and Mig's damaged by the bombers, but very, very few actually shot down. You don't like flash bombs? :biggrin: