Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Republic P-84 Thunderjet (WW2 What If...)

Republic P-84 Thunderjet (WW2 What If...)

Republic P-84 Thunderjet "What If..." WW2 version -For SF/WoV/WoE and probably WoI (maybe?)

This little mod is a tweek to RussoUK's F-84E, with a new lod with the bubble-top non-reinforced canopy. It "represents" P-84 Thunderjet aircraft from the 61st FS of the 56th FG in the "What If..." world of WW2: 1946 aka SWOTL2.

Russo made the new lod for me several years ago, and this has been languishing on my HD for some time; I figured NOW would be a good time to finish it off and release to all you good folks!

The new skin, with redrawn panel lines (but no rivets - this was done before I learned how, and wasn't going back to add them!), has the marking of the 61st FS, still carrying their standard WW2 ETO markings as of 1947. Included are several historic nose arts as seen on their Thunderbolts. I've tried to match aircraft call letter with the approiate art work. Serial numbers are accurate, had the A model gone into full production.

A new WoE-style Hangar screen is also included.

The auto-speed canopy has been disabled, as this no longer works in WoI (and by inference, when the SF/WoV/WoE patch arrives), but I somehow managed to fool the game engine by assigning to the arrestor hook; so, the canopy will open when you hit the "H" key.

It should be noted this is 1of 2 Thunderjet mods I'm releasing; this one, a "What If..." for WW2: 1946, and a Real Life ™, Historic version, which is simply called "F-84". It represents the B/C model, and is available seperatly, as they are designed to be exclusive to their eras.

== YOU MUST HAVE THE BUNYAP WEAPONS PAK TO HAVE THE WW2 STYLE WEAPONS!!!! ==

PLEASE read the enclosed readme for full, detailed instructions, and more of the usual nonsense in the Notes section

Happy Landings!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

(yeah, I know I resued the same screenie from before...I'm lazy! Get over it!!! :wink: )

Great work and outstanding fun to fly, it's brilliant for ground attack... just like the real thing!

Great stuff, Wrench! Thanks for the clear canopy. Happily converting it to an 84D for Korea as soon as I finish this. :biggrin: Thank you. Oh, and the auto canopy can work, if anyone wants to use it, it just works slightly differently in WOI, which I use for my Korea install. All you need to do is reverse these numbers:

Setting[1].DeployValue=15.0

Setting[1].RetractValue=10.0

to this:

Setting[1].DeployValue=10.0

Setting[1].RetractValue=15.0

and it does work, it just works a little odd. When you go to external view, the canopy will be closed. It will then open, and once you release your brakes, it will close again as your speed hits the magic number. Don't know why this was changed. I do like the arrestor hook idea, though, because I can taxy up and open the canopy when I want to, so I can pose for pictures after a successful mission. Now we just need some first class ground crewman objects, since you can place parked aircraft around the airfields in WOI. Geo? Geo?