Sign in to follow this  
Magg. Sputnik

How to add a new weapon in WOI

Hello, I'm a new entry of the forum and it's the first time that I make a mod for Wings over Israel.

I want to add a weapon for an addon aircraft: the fuel tank for the Eurofighter by Craig.

I see that there is a weapon editor for WOI but where i can download it and how it works?

I try to make the changes with the weapon editor for WOE, but i can't find the weapondata.ini.

I also have the code that i can paste in weapondata.ini...

Someone can help me?

I just want to undestand where is weapondata.ini o an alternate method for the modding.

Thanks.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=9323

Here is how you add weapons. This applies for all the 3rd Wire sims.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=25845

This post tells you what the CAT extractor is, you will need it to get the weapondata.ini and the weapondata.dat. Then following my tutorial you ca add weapons.

You can get the CAT extractor from here.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...mp;showfile=343

Let us know how you do.

Thank you, Dave. But i extracted weapondata.ini and weapondata.dat from ObjectData.cat to Objects, I added the code and it don't work.

I also paste the file of the weapon in Objects/Weapons.

Is it wrong or there is another problem?

Once you added the code to "weapondata.ini" did you then open that file with the Weapons editor?. You should see the newly added weapon in the weapons editor - you then need to hit the "Save" button which is the important part - this will then create a new weapondata.dat.

Both weapondata.ini and weapondata.dat should be in \Objects\Weapons

s**t, It don't work...

For resume:

1) I added with the lastest weapon editor the thyphoon tank and saved the weapondata.ini

2) I copy/paste in Objects/Weapons directory the file.LOD of the tank and his bitmap file.

Where is the error?

Thank you for the big patience that you have with me... :)

You aren't using Vista are you?

You aren't using Vista are you?

Also did you open it wep editor up after you added it to see if it was in the list?

Yes, I'm using Vista and i think that the problem is this. Also because the Mirage factory's weapon pack for WOI work perfectly...

But in the weapon editor there aren't the weapons of this pack (AIM-120C for example) and there is the thypoon tank... :wacko:

I also added the code directly in the weapondata.ini... but nothing.

Don't forget more time, like my friend explicate a day after a crash, Vista is a "virus" ... :)

Yes, I'm using Vista and i think that the problem is this. Also because the Mirage factory's weapon pack for WOI work perfectly...

But in the weapon editor there aren't the weapons of this pack (AIM-120C for example) and there is the thypoon tank... :wacko:

I also added the code directly in the weapondata.ini... but nothing.

Don't forget more time, like my friend explicate a day after a crash, Vista is a "virus" ... :)

If you installed WOI to your C:/Program Files/ then that is the problem. Vista won't let you edit anything. It is Vista's way of protecting files from accidental erasure. Take your install of WOI and put it on your desktop. Then you can edit all you want. I have a folder on my desktop that has all 11 installs of my 3rd Wire sims in it. You do it that way and your troubles go away.

Thanks for all.

But the problem was another... and now I have the solution.

I look at the other weapons and I understand that there aren't a file:

the publisher of the file forget to attach the typhoon tank.ini with the typhoon tank.lod and the typhoon tank.bmp :nono:

I create this file ini like the fuel tank of the F-16 and now it work.

I made it copy/paste this:

[LOD001]

Filename=Typhoon tank.LOD

Distance=200

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=2000

MaxVisibleDistance=100

distance is the only unknow value...

what is the right?