Sign in to follow this  
Arrow

Online Multiplay Co-op?

I went thru the multiplay sticky again and refreshed my memory on all the settings. I remember going thru it all many moons ago to get in some dogfighting action with a friend via Hyperlobby; router still has all the necessary ports enabled . Something I can't seem to recall or find in the sticky is whether 2 - 4 players can go up against the AI as a wing/flight while online. Is this currenlty supported, and if not is it something that will be enabled in the next WoV or WoE patch?

Edited by Arrow

i played a dogfight match against the AI with a friend in WOE thru hyperlobby or hamachi last year in august.

i played a dogfight match against the AI with a friend in WOE thru hyperlobby or hamachi last year in august.

I probably should have been more specific n my question. I'm really hoping to get 2 -to- 4 friends together and fly a co-op mission such as a bridge or airfield bombing mission. What would be ideal is if there was a chance to come up against an AI flight flying CAP. I remember when I looked into this before that it really wasn't possible in WoV, but that was before the last patch.

Multiplayer co-op is always 8 vs 8.

Players can fly on either side and any aircraft not flown by players are flown by ai.

To try it out, simply start a multiplayer co-op session and play by yourself.

Multi-player co-op is actually a great single-player quick mission generator where you can control the aircraft and missions flown by both sides and choose which aircraft to fly, including non-flyables like MiGs.

While playing co-op by yourself, you can experiment to find out some of the limitations:

Fewer ground objects (enemy defenses are only placed at the target).

No clouds or carriers.

Starting in air near the target (no ground starts or long transits).

But, the two sides' aircraft will definitely cross paths, which is the intent for some of the limitations imposed on co-op.

Multiplayer co-op is always 8 vs 8.

Players can fly on either side and any aircraft not flown by players are flown by ai.

To try it out, simply start a multiplayer co-op session and play by yourself.

Multi-player co-op is actually a great single-player quick mission generator where you can control the aircraft and missions flown by both sides and choose which aircraft to fly, including non-flyables like MiGs.

While playing co-op by yourself, you can experiment to find out some of the limitations:

Fewer ground objects (enemy defenses are only placed at the target).

No clouds or carriers.

Starting in air near the target (no ground starts or long transits).

But, the two sides' aircraft will definitely cross paths, which is the intent for some of the limitations imposed on co-op.

Great stuff, sounds like the co-op multiplay has had some significant ehancements since I last tried it. I wasn't aware of the ability to participate in it solo, so I'll be giving a go. Too bad about still having to start in the air, of course some of my friends find the enroute flight to be boring so I guess it's a matter or opinion whether that's a limitation or not.