Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

Soviet pre emptive strike to counter "Barbarossa"

In the book "Unternehmen Barbarossa" i found the theorie, that Hitlers attack on the USSR on 22. June 1941 was a pre emptive strike. The author wrote, that the Soviets had planned to engage Germany in July or August 1941.

Personally i believe, that this theory is rubbish.

But it would be interessting to make a campaign to see, wether the soviet attack on the german Wehrmacht would have been successfull or not. Groundobjects and planes we have for such a campaign, we only need a terrain.

Is there interesst in the community for such a terrain or is it not worth the effort?

Yes even I think that theory is a load of poppycock, had Hitler left Russia alone, he might even have won the war.

But yes interesting indeed, O Maker of Terrains.

We definitely need Eastern Front terrain(s) - there are lots of Luftwaffe and Soviet planes & skins out there just itching to mix it up over home ground.

He-111H6GK.jpg

He-111H4IKG53.jpg

Eastern Front gets my vote, oh yes :good::biggrin:

Heh... people from Britain and India support Eastern Front campaign. Nice! :biggrin:

Now to hear from someone from the US as it is firmly believed here in Russia that the whole USA thinks if was they who won the entire WW2. :wink:

Thats the problem with history, everybody has there own version!

EDIT: Ugh let's avoid politics and stick to topic :)

Edited by Brain32

We definitely need Eastern Front terrain(s) - there are lots of Luftwaffe and Soviet planes & skins out there just itching to mix it up over home ground.

Nice pics, I didn't know thesse are from SF series, at first I thought there from Il-2 1946.

I will start working on such a terrain.